Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Super cool Ali on the Run Show shout-out today in @engadget! (Thanks so much for the kind words and love,… https://t.co/YBdX6DTjq3 about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie was born on a sunny Tuesday morning, at exactly 39 weeks. Today, on another sunny Tuesday, she’s exactly 39 w… https://t.co/UhQ1Sk9uHn about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
- July 2, 2019 by AliLife Lately
- June 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
Ali on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
“It’s not sexy, but all the little teeny tiny things add up. Invest in recovery, nutrition, and sleep. That’s where you’re going to see the big gains — even though it’s not as much fun to put on Instagram. You’ll see it pay off.”
Sarah “Mac” Robinson is an elite runner, mom of two, and freelance brand storyteller. On this episode, she gets very candid about how her life — on the run and beyond — has changed since becoming a mom. She opens up about her experience with postpartum depression and anxiety, what life on medication has been like, and the stigmas surrounding postpartum mental health. She also talks about how she landed an Olympic Trials qualifying time in the marathon in 2016, what the road there was like, and what’s next in her running life.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Sarah’s experience with postpartum anxiety and Zoloft (3:15)
- Sarah’s running story — the high highs and low lows (20:10)
- On trying — and trying again and again — to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials in the marathon (24:30)
- On body image as an elite runner, both before and after having kids, and “skinny privilege” (34:10)
- What Sarah’s running looks like these days (37:00)
- Sarah’s career, how she found Oiselle, and what she’s up to professionally (42:20)
- Sarah’s messages to moms and to runners working on big goals (51:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!