Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Ali on the Run Show Episode 154: Motherhood Mondays with Hitha Palepu, on Postpartum Depression, Breaking Points, & Parenting Unapologetically
“You are never going to be the woman you were before, and that’s great. Because this woman you are now is so much stronger, more powerful, capable of doing so much more. But you’ve gotta give her some time and space to heal and figure things out a bit.”
Hitha Palepu has many titles. She’s an entrepreneur and the CEO of Rhosan Pharmaceuticals, the author of the book How to Pack: Travel Smart for Any Trip, an angel investor and advisor to women-led and women-focused start-ups, the creator of the blog Hitha on the Go, and the brains behind #5SmartReads on Instagram and in her popular weekly newsletter. She’s also a mom to four-year-old Rho and seven-week-old Rhaki. On this episode, Hitha, who lives on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, opens up about the realities of motherhood, her decision to have children (it wasn’t a given!), and her experience with postpartum depression and antidepressants.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Getting to know Hitha — on the decision to have kids, having help, breastfeeding, and parenting unapologetically and gratefully (1:50)
- On the transition from one kid to two, and how Hitha is doing right now (23:00)
- On resentment (27:50)
- Hitha’s experience with postpartum depression, and the breaking point that got her to therapy (33:00)
- How Hitha “recalibrated her mental state” (42:30)
- Talking “balance” and identity loss in motherhood (45:40)
- Hitha’s take on mom guilt (52:40)
- Hitha’s message for new moms (56:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!