Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
- September 25, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 176: Megan Harrington, Creator of The Runner's Kitchen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 152: Motherhood Mondays with Sashea Lawson AKA Sassy Fit Girl
“Everything I thought would happen did not happen.”
Sashea Lawson is perhaps best known by her social media moniker: “Sassy Fit Girl.” Sashea is a mom to 2.5-year-old Skye and three-month-old Marley, and on this episode she talks about what life is like right now as a toddler mom and newborn mom. She talks about why she’s been so vocal about making a slow return to fitness after baby number two, and opens up about recovering from two c-sections, her first baby’s emotional NICU stay, and the pressure she felt to breastfeed. Sashea, who has eight sisters and two brothers, owns and runs a marketing and entertainment company with her husband, and they live in West Orange, NJ.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Getting to know Sashea (1:30)
- Did Sashea always know she wanted to be a mom? (8:30)
- On recovering from two c-sections, and the importance of postpartum recovery (10:15)
- How prepared did Sashea feel for the postpartum period? (20:30)
- How Sashea’s feeling at three months postpartum (25:40)
- What Sashea’s marriage is like since having kids (30:00)
- A look at the highest highs and lowest lows of new motherhood, including a scary NICU stay (35:50)
- Sashea’s message to moms in all stages (47:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!