Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 150: Motherhood Mondays with Jill Koziol & Liz Tenety, Co-Founders of Motherly
“I wish I knew that it was normal to feel this way.” —Jill Koziol
When Jill Koziol and Liz Tenety were new moms, they felt alone, terrified, and overwhelmed by this new adventure. Five — soon to be six — kids later (two for Jill, three with a fourth on the way for Liz), and Liz and Jill are the co-founders of Motherly, a website, community, and brand for moms in all stages of parenthood. With Jill as CEO, Liz as Chief Digital Officer, and a work-from-home team of 40 spread across the United States, Motherly sees more than 20 million monthly views, and is home to an active, engaged community. On this episode, Jill and Liz reflect on what new motherhood looked like for them, what it means to be motherly, and what they found in their second annual “State of Motherhood” survey.
Thank you to Sweaty Betty for sponsoring Motherhood Mondays on the Ali on the Run Show! Go to sweatybetty.com and use code ONTHERUN for 20 percent off your purchase.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Getting to know Jill and Liz (3:00)
- Why Motherly needed to exist (11:30)
- What were Jill and Liz like as new moms? (21:30)
- A look at the State of Motherhood survey — what were the surprises and validations? (24:30)
- “New-parent relationship tension stuff” (30:00)
- Why 85 percent of millennial moms don’t feel understood or supported by society — and what we can do with that information (45:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!