Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
- June 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 253: On the Job with Steph Blozy, Owner of Fleet Feet Sports West Hartford
Ali on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
“He said, ‘I get it. The mountain’s too steep.’ And I said, ‘No. It’s just the wrong mountain.’”
Jess Movold is perhaps best known as the super positive, super uplifting, super kind and empowering run and strength coach at Mile High Run Club and The Fortitude Strength Club in NYC. She’s the current face of Runner’s World (check her out on the cover!), and is the official “Runner’s World Coach.” So surely the 3:13 marathoner and 1:29 half marathoner from Missouri always envisioned this über-fit life for herself, right? Not quite. Jess began her career in the fashion industry, and she has stories that rival the ones in The Devil Wears Prada. On this episode, she shares her journey from high fashion to ultramarathons, and it’s one that’s packed with endearing and hilarious stories along the way — including the best “nothing new on race day” story I’ve ever heard. Up next: Jess wants to break three hours at the Berlin Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How it feels to see herself on the cover of Runner’s World (2:55)
- How Jess got her start in the fashion industry — and found running along the way (7:00)
- The crazy stories about what being an executive assistant in the high-fashion industry looked like for Jess (31:00)
- Why Jess left the fashion industry and went all-in on fitness instead (41:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!