Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the super smart, wildly comprehensive @fast_women newsletter. Subscri… https://t.co/aq4gmw8i4b about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So cool to walk into lululemon gsplaza and see this (pink!) Ali on the Run display! Still processing Thursday’s gam… https://t.co/Zh6mhQXek2 06:45:36 PM July 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 138: Lindsey Hein BONUS EPISODE
“I was smiling the whole time — even when it hurt really bad. I was so happy and thankful to be out there.”
Lindsey Hein, host of I’ll Have Another with Lindsey Hein, is a returning guest on the Ali on the Run Show. Last month, Lindsey and I — along with fellow podcast hosts Carrie Tollefson and Tina Muir — did a live show during Boston Marathon weekend. But we wanted to keep the fun going! So Lindsey and I reconvened this week to talk about how Lindsey’s Boston Marathon went (her first postpartum race since having baby number four!), what her training leading up to Boston looked like, and what’s next on her race calendar. Then, we talk all things podcasting, including our most-downloaded episodes, biggest surprises, and rejections.
Thank you to the New York Road Runners Virtual Dog Jog 5K for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE to register (it’s free!) and complete your run today. Everybody’s doing it!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Lindsey reflects on the 2019 Boston Marathon, including her training leading up to the race and how race day went (2:40)
- Is there pressure that comes with knowing people are tracking you and following along during races? Plus, what’s next on Lindsey’s race calendar (17:00)
- Lindsey’s expert advice for a 4-ish-hour marathoner who wants to maybe Boston Qualify someday (22:00)
- Rehashing the Boston live show (28:30)
- Lindsey chats all things podcasting, including her most popular episodes, the potential guest who turned her down, and dream guests (34:35)
- Lindsey’s take on the current state of the running podcast world (45:00)
- How Lindsey gets it all done (52:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!