Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the super smart, wildly comprehensive @fast_women newsletter. Subscri… https://t.co/aq4gmw8i4b about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So cool to walk into lululemon gsplaza and see this (pink!) Ali on the Run display! Still processing Thursday’s gam… https://t.co/Zh6mhQXek2 06:45:36 PM July 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 137: Grace Atwood, Creator of The Stripe
“I was like, really?! I just launched a podcast, I have a live show coming up, I grew my blog, I’m killing myself to kill it in my career — and you’re going to congratulate me on this? On being out at a bar with a cute guy? Do not congratulate me for having a boyfriend!”
Grace Atwood is the creator of the wildly popular blog The Stripe and the co-host of the Bad on Paper podcast. With more than 110,000 followers on Instagram, it’s safe to say Grace, who is also a multiple-time marathoner, has made it as a successful full-time blogger and influencer — but that was never the goal or the plan, and when she first dove head-first into full-time blogging, Grace was embarrassed to own the title. But now, not only does she own it, she’s also vocal about the hard work that goes into this lifestyle. (Turns out, it’s not all glamorous photo shoots and exotic press trips.) On this episode, Grace talks about shifting her career from marketing at P&G to late nights at BaubleBar to a Gossip Girl-inspired DIY site that eventually became a six-figure business. She talks about learning the business side of blogging, about what takes up most of her time (hint: “Where’s that from?”), and about everything you ever wanted to know about the lives of your favorite Instagrammers and bloggers. She keeps it real, light, and hilarious.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was going into business for herself always Grace’s vision? (2:45)
- The road to becoming a full-time blogger (8:00)
- How Grace grew her site and her brand, and how she learned the business side of blogging (18:00)
- What a day in the life of an influencer is actually like (25:00)
- Grace on dating, marriage, and whether or not she wants kids — and how her readers have reacted to her personal opinions (36:00)
- The very lucrative offer Grace recently turned down (44:40)
- On podcasting, confidence, and body positivity (50:00)
- Grace the runner! (58:00)
What we mention on this episode:
- Instagram @graceatwood
- Twitter @graceatwood
- The Stripe Facebook Group
- The Stripe
- Bad on Paper podcast
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!