Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Loved hearing from @tracksmith head of communications, @leeglandorf, on the Ali on the Run Show today. (Bonus episo… https://t.co/k3t8WhQiNR 06:44:10 AM May 22, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I was at the cross-section of a couple different identities that people didn’t quite understand.” Really love tod… https://t.co/e5sfK9l0Zm 06:27:20 AM May 21, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
- May 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 238: Sasha Wolff, Founder of Still I Run
- May 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 237: A Message & A Promise From Ali
- May 6, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 236: Izzy Seidel, Tracksmith Marketing & Communications Associate
Ali on the Run Show Episode 135: Rozalynn Frazier, Health Magazine Senior Fitness Editor
“I’m in a position where I can help make decisions that put images out there of diverse people. That’s very special, and it’s an important job.”
Rozalynn “Roz” Frazier is the senior health editor at Health magazine, where she’s worked for the past decade. On this episode, Roz talks about breaking into the publishing industry (and that time she interviewed a mostly unknown-at-the-time Alicia Keys while working at Essence), and everything that comes with being a fitness editor. She talks about the state of the fitness industry, and her mission to get more women of varying shapes, sizes, and colors represented. And she shares her running story: how she got started, what her road to becoming a ten-time marathoner has looked like, and what’s up with everyone’s obsession with time goals. Finally, Roz — a self-proclaimed sneakerhead — shares her favorite gear picks, from sports bras to shorts to her favorite shoes for every distance.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Roz shares her career journey from college to Essence to her current position at Health (3:25)
- On confidence, maturity, and getting cut from the soccer team (13:30)
- What’s kept Roz at Health for 10 years? And how she’s advocating for diversity on the job, in the industry, and beyond (16:20)
- All about press trips — the amazing, the Alps, and the “no thanks” (23:00)
- How Roz’s workouts have changed over the past 10 years — and how a journalism class assignment made her want to run a marathon (34:45)
- That time Roz hung out with little-known-at-the-time Alicia Keys (57:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!