Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 135: Rozalynn Frazier, Health Magazine Senior Fitness Editor
“I’m in a position where I can help make decisions that put images out there of diverse people. That’s very special, and it’s an important job.”
Rozalynn “Roz” Frazier is the senior health editor at Health magazine, where she’s worked for the past decade. On this episode, Roz talks about breaking into the publishing industry (and that time she interviewed a mostly unknown-at-the-time Alicia Keys while working at Essence), and everything that comes with being a fitness editor. She talks about the state of the fitness industry, and her mission to get more women of varying shapes, sizes, and colors represented. And she shares her running story: how she got started, what her road to becoming a ten-time marathoner has looked like, and what’s up with everyone’s obsession with time goals. Finally, Roz — a self-proclaimed sneakerhead — shares her favorite gear picks, from sports bras to shorts to her favorite shoes for every distance.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Roz shares her career journey from college to Essence to her current position at Health (3:25)
- On confidence, maturity, and getting cut from the soccer team (13:30)
- What’s kept Roz at Health for 10 years? And how she’s advocating for diversity on the job, in the industry, and beyond (16:20)
- All about press trips — the amazing, the Alps, and the “no thanks” (23:00)
- How Roz’s workouts have changed over the past 10 years — and how a journalism class assignment made her want to run a marathon (34:45)
- That time Roz hung out with little-known-at-the-time Alicia Keys (57:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!