Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 135: Rozalynn Frazier, Health Magazine Senior Fitness Editor
“I’m in a position where I can help make decisions that put images out there of diverse people. That’s very special, and it’s an important job.”
Rozalynn “Roz” Frazier is the senior health editor at Health magazine, where she’s worked for the past decade. On this episode, Roz talks about breaking into the publishing industry (and that time she interviewed a mostly unknown-at-the-time Alicia Keys while working at Essence), and everything that comes with being a fitness editor. She talks about the state of the fitness industry, and her mission to get more women of varying shapes, sizes, and colors represented. And she shares her running story: how she got started, what her road to becoming a ten-time marathoner has looked like, and what’s up with everyone’s obsession with time goals. Finally, Roz — a self-proclaimed sneakerhead — shares her favorite gear picks, from sports bras to shorts to her favorite shoes for every distance.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Roz shares her career journey from college to Essence to her current position at Health (3:25)
- On confidence, maturity, and getting cut from the soccer team (13:30)
- What’s kept Roz at Health for 10 years? And how she’s advocating for diversity on the job, in the industry, and beyond (16:20)
- All about press trips — the amazing, the Alps, and the “no thanks” (23:00)
- How Roz’s workouts have changed over the past 10 years — and how a journalism class assignment made her want to run a marathon (34:45)
- That time Roz hung out with little-known-at-the-time Alicia Keys (57:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!