Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the super smart, wildly comprehensive @fast_women newsletter. Subscri… https://t.co/aq4gmw8i4b about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So cool to walk into lululemon gsplaza and see this (pink!) Ali on the Run display! Still processing Thursday’s gam… https://t.co/Zh6mhQXek2 06:45:36 PM July 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 133: Melisse Gelula, Co-Founder of Well+Good
“If there could be a dining critic, a theater critic…why couldn’t there be a wellness critic?” —Melisse Gelula
Melisse Gelula is the co-founder of the health and fitness mega-brand Well+Good. On this episode, she talks about starting — and growing — something you believe in, and how Well+Good went from an idea to fill a hole in the publishing industry to a brand reaching more than 12 million readers every month. She talks about Well+Good’s focus, and why it’s more than green juice and SoulCycle but isn’t weight loss or looking a certain way, and talks passionately about why wellness should be taken seriously.
Big congratulations to Melisse and the Well+Good team for the launch of the Well+Good Cookbook. Head to my Instagram — @aliontherun1 — for your chance to win a copy!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was Melisse’s plan always to be a journalist? Plus how Well+Good became a reality (5:00)
- How Melisse got people to take a wellness website seriously (13:45)
- What Well+Good looks like now (18:30)
- What wellness-related things people are obsessed with right now (21:40)
- What is it like to work at Well+Good? (28:00)
- Looking at the wellness industry as an inclusive place, and what is there for people who can’t afford the fancy green juices and SoulCycle classes? (39:45)
- All about Well+Good’s annual Wellness Trends (43:00)
- What’s next for Well+Good? (47:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!