Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 23, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 183: Stephanie Pennington, Creator of Project Finish
- October 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 182: Carly Gill, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
Ali on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
“I wanted to hug my former self. I wanted to tell her, ‘It’s OK! It’s going to be OK. It won’t be easy, but you will survive this.'”
A few months ago, I recorded a solo episode talking about navigating “The Fourth Trimester.” I was having a tough time — that was obvious. But then I learned: There’s a “Fifth Trimester!” And that’s the stage I’m in now, as I navigate life with a baby beyond the first 12 weeks and settle into a routine, a work life, and, well, some fun. On this episode, I’m talking about how parenthood has gone from terrifying to fun in the past month — and how getting to music class was a major catalyst in that crucial shift. Annie is five and a half months old now, and I can officially say we’re having a blast. It’s still hard sometimes, but being a mom to the coolest kid I know is pretty awesome. I’m also reflecting on loneliness, and the guilt associated with feeling lonely when, in theory, I had everything I needed. Plus, thoughts on the comparison trap, being a work-from-home mom, and the new Ali on the Run Show “Motherhood Mondays” series!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What I mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!