Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
“I wanted to hug my former self. I wanted to tell her, ‘It’s OK! It’s going to be OK. It won’t be easy, but you will survive this.'”
A few months ago, I recorded a solo episode talking about navigating “The Fourth Trimester.” I was having a tough time — that was obvious. But then I learned: There’s a “Fifth Trimester!” And that’s the stage I’m in now, as I navigate life with a baby beyond the first 12 weeks and settle into a routine, a work life, and, well, some fun. On this episode, I’m talking about how parenthood has gone from terrifying to fun in the past month — and how getting to music class was a major catalyst in that crucial shift. Annie is five and a half months old now, and I can officially say we’re having a blast. It’s still hard sometimes, but being a mom to the coolest kid I know is pretty awesome. I’m also reflecting on loneliness, and the guilt associated with feeling lonely when, in theory, I had everything I needed. Plus, thoughts on the comparison trap, being a work-from-home mom, and the new Ali on the Run Show “Motherhood Mondays” series!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What I mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!