Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 130: Sadie Lincoln, Founder of Barre3
“Numbers don’t mean anything when it comes to success.” —Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln is the co-founder and CEO of Barre3, the mega-popular boutique fitness brand that has more than 130 studios in the United States. On this episode, Sadie talks about being a “former hippie kid,” the unconventional way she was raised, and how that shaped her as a student and, eventually, an entrepreneur. She shares the story of how she discovered fitness in college, and how she went on to realize she was working out for all the wrong reasons, leading to burnout and a much-needed change of scenery. She shares her stories of resilience and grit, confidence and failure, and loneliness, connection, and community. She talks about what stresses her out, about why, despite having trained Madonna, she’s “not a celebrity trainer,” and her husband’s grand plan to sell everything they own and move to Portland, OR, with their two toddlers to “start fresh.”
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Sadie talks about her “hippie kid” upbringing and why she was self-conscious about not being smart (3:00)
- How Sadie found fitness, and how she made a career out of it (14:20)
- On starting a family, Sadie’s husband’s grand plan, and loneliness (21:10)
- What it was like starting over (35:15)
- Sadie’s advice on finding your dream job and life (37:30)
- Sadie shares what stresses her out (43:20)
- On training Madonna, and why Sadie says she’s not a celebrity trainer (47:00)
- How Sadie measures success (51:45)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!