Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Today was one of my all-time favorite days as a mom. @brian_cristiano surprised Annie and me with front-row tickets… https://t.co/Mxg9GHLE5a 06:56:01 PM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WOW! 🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/hsdwn31r95 10:12:49 AM January 19, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 02:25:44 PM January 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Ali on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
“Be honest, be real, be vulnerable. That’s how you find your mental toughness.” —Dr. Nicole Detling
This episode will change your life on the run. It’s a bold statement, I know, but Dr. Nicole Detling, the founder of Headstrong Consulting in Utah, is here to help us all improve our mental game. Dr. Detling is a mental performance coach for teams and athletes including the US Ski and Snowboard Association, Ballet West, tons of Olympians, and members of the PGA, MLB, NBA, NHL, and more. On this episode, she talks about building mental strength, getting through tough workouts and races, motivation, “chunking,” tapping into your “why,” coming back from a break, and the importance of rest days — both physical and mental. She also talks a lot about failure — why we fear it, what it actually means, and how social media factors into that fear of failure. We wrap up the episode by talking about exercise abuse.
Thank you to Strava for sponsoring Ali & the Experts Week! CLICK HERE and use code ONTHERUN to get one month FREE with your purchase of a Strava Summit subscription.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Advice for training your brain on the run (4:30)
- How to mentally prep for and thrive on race day (23:50)
- General Q&A (45:33)
What we mention on this episode:
Follow Dr. Detling:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!