Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Did you register for the @bostonmarathon live show yet? The baller team at @GenUcan added more seats so we can acco… https://t.co/J42V69kt2L about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’ve dreamed about family-of-four beach days since the day I found out I was pregnant. The beach is Ellie’s absolut… https://t.co/3GpnAJlkkl 05:36:02 PM March 24, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- YAY!!!! https://t.co/2BuUM0Ec1c 07:30:30 AM March 23, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Ali on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
“Physical fitness and financial fitness are both simple. To get physically fit, we need to eat less and work out more, and to get financially fit, we need to spend less and make more. It sounds really simple, but if it were that simple, we’d have a bunch of skinny millionaires running around! There are a lot of emotions around both.” —Shannon McLay
If you want to run a marathon, you hire a running coach or personal trainer. If you want to get your finances whipped into shape, you hire Shannon McLay, founder and CEO of The Financial Gym and host of the Martinis and Your Money podcast. Shannon is a former Merrill Lynch financial advisor who created The Financial Gym to help people “kick their assets into shape and their bad money habits to the curb.” Her goal is to help men and women, primarily of the millennial generation, to get financially healthy. Shannon and her team at The Financial Gym have coached more than 1,400 clients and helped them turn their bank accounts, credit scores, and investments around — and on this episode, she talks about how to get started, plus how to avoid the financial comparison trap.
Thank you to Strava for sponsoring Ali & the Experts Week! CLICK HERE and use code ONTHERUN to get one month FREE with your purchase of a Strava Summit subscription.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- General money Q&A, including advice on credit cards, bank accounts, the financial comparison trap, and more (5:00)
- Budgeting 101 (22:15)
- Advice for paying off student loans (28:05)
- All about investing and saving (37:45)
- Baby and family questions (53:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!