Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Did you register for the @bostonmarathon live show yet? The baller team at @GenUcan added more seats so we can acco… https://t.co/J42V69kt2L about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I’ve dreamed about family-of-four beach days since the day I found out I was pregnant. The beach is Ellie’s absolut… https://t.co/3GpnAJlkkl 05:36:02 PM March 24, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- YAY!!!! https://t.co/2BuUM0Ec1c 07:30:30 AM March 23, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 129: LIVE at the United Airlines NYC Half
- March 19, 2019 by AliUnited Airlines NYC Half 2019 Recap
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
Ali on the Run Show Episode 121: Anna Kaiser, Founder of AKT
“I’ve always been about working hard and going after things that you are excited about and passionate about and working your ass off. That’s the only way to make it happen. No one else is going to make it happen for you.” —Anna Kaiser
You may know Anna Kaiser as the creator, founder, and CEO of the dance cardio brand AKT. Maybe you’ve taken — and barely survived — her class, either in person or with AKT On Demand. Or maybe you recognize her from her professional dance days, performing on the Fame tour and dancing in the best movie ever, Enchanted. Or, let’s be honest, maybe you know her as Kelly Ripa’s workout BFF, or as the woman credited for keeping Shakira in shape.
On this episode, Anna talks about going from a wannabe opera singer in Zurich to an entrepreneur on the brink of opening 300 studios nationwide. She shares the mistakes, missteps, and challenges she’s faced along the way, talks about why she wanted to improve upon the boutique fitness industry, and opens up about how becoming a mom two years ago changed her at home, in the studio, and beyond.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What were Young Anna’s dreams for the future? (3:00)
- Anna reflects on her college experience and explains why it wasn’t everything she’d hoped it would be (8:15)
- Why Anna decided to move on from the dance world (12:00)
- How AKT was born, and how Anna stood out in the boutique fitness industry (15:00)
- How Anna became fitness BFFs with Kelly Ripa (21:00)
- How Anna has cultivated an empowering community (22:50)
- Why Anna decided to franchise (25:45)
- How Anna become business savvy, and the bad business decisions she’s made along the way (31:25)
- Anna’s take on the state of the fitness industry, now and in the future (34:30)
- Anna opens up about motherhood, including returning to work post-birth, having help, and “balance” (39:45)
- Does Anna have any insecurities? Plus, what she says she’s proudest of (46:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!