Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 21, 2019 by AliA Day in the Life With a 3.5 Month Old
- February 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 120: Bree Branker, NYC Trainer & Fitness Model
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
Ali on the Run Show Episode 116: Jen Lada, ESPN Reporter
“Know your value, and don’t allow other people to limit it, question it, or minimize it.” —Jen Lada
Jen Lada is a reporter and host for ESPN. She’s also a mom of two, is married to a fellow sports journalist, and is a multiple-time marathoner and triathlete. On this episode, Jen, who primarily covers college football, talks about how she got into sports journalism, how she got into running, and how she’s thrived in a male-dominated industry. She shares her #metoo story, opens up about her two miscarriages, and talks about the challenges of being a working and often-traveling parent.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Did Young Jen dream of being on ESPN? (2:50)
- How Jen broke into sports journalism, and the unfortunate #metoo moment that started it all (10:10)
- How Jen met her husband, who is also a sports journalist, and her best advice for surviving a long-distance relationship (24:00)
- The road to ESPN, the pressure to look a certain way on camera, and returning to work and marathoning after having a baby (31:00)
- Jen opens up about her two miscarriages, and what it was like being on camera every day during tough times (37:20)
- What post-game interviews are actually like, plus the biggest rewards and challenges of the job (42:45)
- Jen shares her running story — and her no-such-thing-as-TMI poop story! (51:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!