Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 111: Yosef Herzog, Today Show Stage Manager
“I wanted to see if I could do it. And then once I did it, I wanted to see what else I could do.” —Yosef Herzog
For most people, 3:30 AM is the middle of the night. For Yosef Herzog, it’s time to get to work. As stage manager for NBC’s Today show, Yosef starts his day early. As a two-time marathon runner, he ends it late. Yosef is on set at NBC by 4:30 AM, leaves after the show wraps at 11 AM, and then runs in the evenings with Brooklyn Track Club. On this episode, he talks about making it all work, shares why he decided to leave his steady, well-paying career in finance to get into television, and opens up about his impressive 50-pound weight loss. Plus, he talks about what it’s like working at the Olympics, and what it was like meeting the Obamas.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- All the moves that led Yosef to his job at Today, including the a-ha moment that made him realize he needed to make a total career change (3:15)
- What it’s like being a part of NBC’s prestigious Page program (6:40)
- How Yosef landed at the Today show, and what his job as stage manager entails (13:15)
- What Yosef’s day looks like (17:10)
- What Yosef says are the biggest challenges about working on live TV (21:25)
- Yosef talks about major NBC events including Christmas in Rockefeller Center, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Halloween on the Plaza, the concerts, and the Olympics (24:00)
- What it’s like covering national tragedies (29:30)
- How Yosef got into running — and lost 50 pounds in the process — and what his lifestyle looks like now (33:00)
- Why Yosef got into racing (47:40)
- What’s next for Yosef? (53:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!