Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- August 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 162: Allie Ostrander, Professional Runner for Brooks Running
- August 13, 2019 by AliA Tuesday in the Life
- August 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 161: Lauren Fleshman & Jesse Thomas
- July 31, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 160: Kaitlin Goodman, Professional Runner for the Boston Athletic Association
- July 24, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 159: Mirinda Carfrae, 3-Time Ironman World Champion
Ali on the Run Show Episode 107: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
“And then somebody comes by, stops, looks me in the eye and goes, ‘Wow! You can do it, buddy!’ And it was in that moment I realized that I wasn’t running. I also realized I wasn’t jogging. I was barely walking. I looked down, and the tops of my shoes are scraping the ground — one slow movement after the next slow movement. And people genuinely thought I had a serious medical condition, and that I was being a hero and a trooper by getting out there.”
Three years ago, my now-husband, Brian Cristiano, and I lined up at the start of two very different Turkey Trots. Though both races were five miles, the outcomes were vastly dissimilar. I ran the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot in Brooklyn, NY, in a respectable 38:41 — a 7:44 minute-per-mile pace. Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, Brian was racing the Newport Pie Run. Here’s a dramatic retelling of how his race went. This is forever my favorite story. Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy LOL-ing!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!