Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- To many, he’s @brian_cristiano. But Annie and Ellie get to know him as silly, goofy, will-do-anything-for-his-girls… https://t.co/fnclO88Njb about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A rare photo of Annie not smiling, because it has been a WEEK. We’ve had a rash that won’t quit, screaming, crying,… https://t.co/84nGQlqI1o 08:15:14 PM June 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 107: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
“And then somebody comes by, stops, looks me in the eye and goes, ‘Wow! You can do it, buddy!’ And it was in that moment I realized that I wasn’t running. I also realized I wasn’t jogging. I was barely walking. I looked down, and the tops of my shoes are scraping the ground — one slow movement after the next slow movement. And people genuinely thought I had a serious medical condition, and that I was being a hero and a trooper by getting out there.”
Three years ago, my now-husband, Brian Cristiano, and I lined up at the start of two very different Turkey Trots. Though both races were five miles, the outcomes were vastly dissimilar. I ran the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot in Brooklyn, NY, in a respectable 38:41 — a 7:44 minute-per-mile pace. Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, Brian was racing the Newport Pie Run. Here’s a dramatic retelling of how his race went. This is forever my favorite story. Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy LOL-ing!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!