Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 243: On the Job with Amy Diallo, Covid-19 Researcher
- May 27, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 242: Shalane Flanagan
- May 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 241: On the Job with JoMarie Flores, Funeral Director
- May 21, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 240: Lee Glandorf, Tracksmith Head of Communications
- May 20, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 239: Dinée Dorame, Citizen of the Navajo Nation
Ali on the Run Show Episode 107: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
“And then somebody comes by, stops, looks me in the eye and goes, ‘Wow! You can do it, buddy!’ And it was in that moment I realized that I wasn’t running. I also realized I wasn’t jogging. I was barely walking. I looked down, and the tops of my shoes are scraping the ground — one slow movement after the next slow movement. And people genuinely thought I had a serious medical condition, and that I was being a hero and a trooper by getting out there.”
Three years ago, my now-husband, Brian Cristiano, and I lined up at the start of two very different Turkey Trots. Though both races were five miles, the outcomes were vastly dissimilar. I ran the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot in Brooklyn, NY, in a respectable 38:41 — a 7:44 minute-per-mile pace. Meanwhile, in Rhode Island, Brian was racing the Newport Pie Run. Here’s a dramatic retelling of how his race went. This is forever my favorite story. Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy LOL-ing!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $50 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!