Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The conversation was fun and the audience was amazing, but hands down the best part of the @genucan “Women Behind t… https://t.co/hD2tag19TC about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Couldn't make it to the @GenUcan live show in Boston? You can listen to it now wherever you listen to the Ali on th… https://t.co/O5wPEFqDfd about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- April 22, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 134: Women Behind the Mic LIVE in Boston
- April 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 133: Melisse Gelula, Co-Founder of Well+Good
- April 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 132: Kate Landau, 2:33 Marathoner
- April 3, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
- April 2, 2019 by AliAnnie & Ellie
Ali on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate
Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content creator, a certified personal trainer, a marathoner, and the host of the Hurdle podcast. On this episode, Emily talks about her own #hurdlemoment, and what it took for her to lose 70 pounds — no quick fixes or fad diets included. She talks about her impressive journalism career, and shares how she rebounded after being laid off — twice. Plus, she opens up about confidence and failure, and dishes out life lessons galore.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was this the life young Emily Abbate saw for herself? (2:15)
- Emily shares her own hurdle moment, and opens up about how she lost 70 pounds and learned to love running (4:00)
- How Emily became a super successful journalist and magazine editor (13:00)
- Whether Emily sees herself as a risk taker (18:00)
- Emily’s journey through the publishing industry, including being laid off — twice — and how she’s developed her confidence (19:00)
- How Emily ended up freelancing, and the hustle it requires (31:30)
- What a day in the life of Emily Abbate looks like (37:50)
- Emily’s best advice for aspiring journalists (48:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Emily’s meditation book: Journey to the Heart
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!