Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate
Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content creator, a certified personal trainer, a marathoner, and the host of the Hurdle podcast. On this episode, Emily talks about her own #hurdlemoment, and what it took for her to lose 70 pounds — no quick fixes or fad diets included. She talks about her impressive journalism career, and shares how she rebounded after being laid off — twice. Plus, she opens up about confidence and failure, and dishes out life lessons galore.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was this the life young Emily Abbate saw for herself? (2:15)
- Emily shares her own hurdle moment, and opens up about how she lost 70 pounds and learned to love running (4:00)
- How Emily became a super successful journalist and magazine editor (13:00)
- Whether Emily sees herself as a risk taker (18:00)
- Emily’s journey through the publishing industry, including being laid off — twice — and how she’s developed her confidence (19:00)
- How Emily ended up freelancing, and the hustle it requires (31:30)
- What a day in the life of Emily Abbate looks like (37:50)
- Emily’s best advice for aspiring journalists (48:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Emily’s meditation book: Journey to the Heart
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!