Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Tested out the giraffe rocker. Went for a run. Took Ellie to Nomahegan Park. Got Annie’s first Christmas tree. Ate… https://t.co/3N11ktIerm about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’ll probably take a while to feel like myself on the run again (whatever that even feels like), or to feel like m… https://t.co/1L13y5Z1wT 11:11:06 AM December 08, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This week! What a difference! This week was awesome. I went from feeling like we were all existing in survival mode… https://t.co/WAmKLkAy4T 06:16:56 PM December 07, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
- November 21, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 107: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
Ali on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
“I had already gotten so far, and I just wasn’t willing to look back. That involved pushing my comfort zone and doing something I maybe wasn’t the best at.” —Emily Abbate
Emily Abbate is a freelance writer, editor, and content creator, a certified personal trainer, a marathoner, and the host of the Hurdle podcast. On this episode, Emily talks about her own #hurdlemoment, and what it took for her to lose 70 pounds — no quick fixes or fad diets included. She talks about her impressive journalism career, and shares how she rebounded after being laid off — twice. Plus, she opens up about confidence and failure, and dishes out life lessons galore.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was this the life young Emily Abbate saw for herself? (2:15)
- Emily shares her own hurdle moment, and opens up about how she lost 70 pounds and learned to love running (4:00)
- How Emily became a super successful journalist and magazine editor (13:00)
- Whether Emily sees herself as a risk taker (18:00)
- Emily’s journey through the publishing industry, including being laid off — twice — and how she’s developed her confidence (19:00)
- How Emily ended up freelancing, and the hustle it requires (31:30)
- What a day in the life of Emily Abbate looks like (37:50)
- Emily’s best advice for aspiring journalists (48:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Emily’s meditation book: Journey to the Heart
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!