Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 104: Stephanie Bruce
“When I think something is hard or challenging, I think of how I’m going to grow from it.” —Stephanie Bruce
Happy TCS New York City Marathon Week! The professional field is stacked this year, and among the top competitors is Stephanie Bruce, who trains and races with NAZ Elite and is sponsored by Hoka One One. Steph made her New York City Marathon debut in 2017 and finished in 10th — an impressive-on-paper result, but on this episode, Steph explains why she was disappointed with her finish. She opens up about her health struggles over the years, talks about how she’s feeling going into this year’s race, and gets super honest about “body stuff.” Steph trains in Flagstaff, AZ, where she lives with her husband, Ben Bruce, and their sons Hudson and Riley.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Steph rehashes her Peachtree Road Race win (2:30)
- Why Steph decided to return to the New York City Marathon this year, what her 2017 race was like, and how she gets through tough races (6:15)
- How Steph’s NYCM training is going, plus her best NYCM advice (12:30)
- Steph shares her 2018 New York City Marathon goals (17:40)
- Steph breaks down what was behind some of her recent Instagram posts (25:15)
- Steph’s take on failure (33:15)
- Why Steph left Oiselle to go all-in with Hoka One One (35:15)
- What it’s like training with Ben Rosario (37:50)
- Steph talks about “body stuff” and how becoming a mom has changed her as an athlete (40:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!