Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 102: Ashley Fizzarotti AKA Running Bun
“Make it important. Make a goal, and make time for it. It’s not about ‘no excuses,’ but make it a priority.” —Ashley Fizzarotti
Ashley Fizzarotti — best known on the internet as “Running Bun” — joins the Ali on the Run Show fresh off a huge PR and BQ at the Chicago Marathon. (That’s personal record and Boston Qualifying time — AKA pretty big deals and accomplishments. She also raised more than $5,600 for Every Mother Counts!) Ashley is proof that hard work works: She’s a 5-time marathoner who has shaved nearly an hour off her marathon time, going from a 4:24 marathon debut to her 3:29 in Chicago. On this episode, Ashley — who works in finance (we get into that), is a mom of two (Jennie and Christopher), and lives in New Jersey — talks about her training, setbacks, injuries, and how she made a dream six years in the making a reality.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Ashley’s feeling post-Chicago, plus what her training looked like (3:00)
- How Ashley fit marathon training into her very busy life (9:00)
- What motivates Ashley (12:00)
- Ashley talks about her mental training, and how she’s evolved from the mistakes she made in the past (14:25)
- Ashley breaks down the Chicago Marathon (22:15)
- What’s next for Ashley (27:15)
- How Ashley’s running has changed since having kids, and what running was like during both her pregnancies (29:00)
- Ashley talks about her work ethic (35:00)
- Ashley talks about what her diet looks like and her decision to become a vegetarian (40:20)
- Confidence talk! Ashley shares her take on confidence, how she’s instilling it in her kids, and what she’s done recently to boost her own confidence (43:30)
What we mention on this episode:
How Bad Do You Want It? by Matt Fitzgerald
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!