Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’ve always been in such awe of parents who finish their races and go right back to momming and dadding. It seemed… https://t.co/wIS9mufpqJ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oh gosh, if your job is to be the PR agency representing Skechers, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SPELL SKECHERS! THERE IS… https://t.co/7LUVkG0Swd about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 94: Ellen Latham, Creator of Orangetheory Fitness
“I finally thought, ‘Why not me? Why not give it a shot?’” —Ellen Latham
Ellen Latham is the creator and co-founder of Orangetheory Fitness. Orangetheory is the fastest-growing fitness franchise in the world: It’s currently in 18 countries, it brought in more than $700 million in sales last year, and Ellen and her team recently celebrated the opening of the brand’s 1000th studio. Of course, the road to super success hasn’t been simple for Ellen. Before she was the founder of Orangetheory, she was a single mom who had just gotten fired from her job and had to figure out what to do next. On this episode, Ellen, who lives in Fort Lauderdale, FL, reflects on those challenges, how she decided to become an entrepreneur, and what makes OTF special. She also talks about her greatest successes and scariest failures and growing pains.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Ellen made her way into the fitness industry (1:50)
- How being a single mom who got fired from her job led Ellen to create Orangetheory, and how she bounced back from extreme discomfort (2:40)
- Whether Ellen always knew she would be a huge success, and how she learned to be an entrepreneur (8:45)
- What Ellen says are the most important decisions she’s made to grow Orangetheory to become the fastest-growing fitness franchise in the world (16:00)
- Why Orangetheory’s motto is “More Life,” and what that means to Ellen (22:30)
- What a day in the life of Ellen Latham is like (26:00)
- Ellen shares her future goals for Orangetheory (28:00)
- Ellen’s advice for first-time Orangetheory-goers and for women who want to pursue careers in the fitness industry (30:45)
- What keeps Ellen up at night (33:45)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!