Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’ve always been in such awe of parents who finish their races and go right back to momming and dadding. It seemed… https://t.co/wIS9mufpqJ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oh gosh, if your job is to be the PR agency representing Skechers, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SPELL SKECHERS! THERE IS… https://t.co/7LUVkG0Swd about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 93: Jeni Novak, Founder of Novak Entertainment
“You only have a fallback plan if you plan to fall back.” —Jeni Novak
When I was 12 years old, my cool older cousin was dating the coolest girl I’d ever met. She wore high heels, she was a dancer, and she would always do my hair and makeup when I saw her. That girl — woman — is Jeni Novak. We called her “Little Jen,” because she was teeny tiny, but today, Little Jen has gotten up to some big things: She went on to become a professional dancer, eventually dancing for Miley Cyrus and becoming not just her go-to dancer, but also one of her closest friends. (Jealous.) Jeni met her now-husband while dancing for Miley (my cousin went on to marry the other coolest girl I’ve ever met), so if you’re a Miley Cyrus fan (I am!), there are lots of fun Miley stories in this episode. Today, Jeni is a hair and makeup artist in Hollywood. She and her husband started their own creative agency and production company, Novak Entertainment, and their clients include Lululemon, Tone It Up, Reebok, and more. Jen has so many inspiring stories to share, so if you’re looking for someone to help whip you into shape and up your hustle game, you’ll get it in this episode.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Jeni recalls her early days as an aspiring professional dancer, and how she made her dance dreams come true — including the fateful way she ended up moving to Los Angeles for good (4:10)
- How Jeni has built her confidence, and whether she’s ever felt insecure in this industry (22:30)
- How Jeni ended up dancing for — and becoming close friends with — Miley Cyrus (25:15)
- How and why Jeni decided to start a production company (36:30)
- The big job Jeni was preparing for when we recorded this episode (48:40)
- How Jeni made her way into the health and wellness space (1:00:10)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!