Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’ve always been in such awe of parents who finish their races and go right back to momming and dadding. It seemed… https://t.co/wIS9mufpqJ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oh gosh, if your job is to be the PR agency representing Skechers, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SPELL SKECHERS! THERE IS… https://t.co/7LUVkG0Swd about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
“I haven’t always failed gracefully, but I’ve always come back.” —Laura Anderson
Laura Anderson is a full-time working mom and McKirdy Trained running coach based in Rochester, NY. Laura had her daughter, Hannah, a little over a year ago, and in May she ran — and won — her first big postpartum race. On this episode, Laura reflects on her 2018 Buffalo Marathon win (she finished in 2:57, which was also a marathon PR) and the training that helped her break the tape. She also honestly and candidly talks about her experience with postpartum OCD, body image, and goal setting.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Laura reflects on her recent Buffalo Marathon win and what race day was like (2:50)
- How Laura’s Buffalo Marathon training went — her first postpartum training cycle — and what she does for cross-training (11:40)
- Why Laura chose not to run during her pregnancy (17:15)
- Laura talks about whether not running throughout pregnancy made her postpartum comeback easier or more challenging (22:00)
- How Laura got into running (28:30)
- What Laura’s training for now, plus how and when she sets her running goals (32:00)
- Laura’s advice for aspiring Boston Marathon qualifiers (36:30)
- How and why Laura decided to become a running coach, and what she’s like as a coach (38:30)
- Laura talks about the most common mistakes she sees most runners making (41:30)
- Laura opens up about her postpartum OCD (44:15)
- How Laura takes care of herself in spite of an extremely busy schedule (52:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!