Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
“I haven’t always failed gracefully, but I’ve always come back.” —Laura Anderson
Laura Anderson is a full-time working mom and McKirdy Trained running coach based in Rochester, NY. Laura had her daughter, Hannah, a little over a year ago, and in May she ran — and won — her first big postpartum race. On this episode, Laura reflects on her 2018 Buffalo Marathon win (she finished in 2:57, which was also a marathon PR) and the training that helped her break the tape. She also honestly and candidly talks about her experience with postpartum OCD, body image, and goal setting.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Laura reflects on her recent Buffalo Marathon win and what race day was like (2:50)
- How Laura’s Buffalo Marathon training went — her first postpartum training cycle — and what she does for cross-training (11:40)
- Why Laura chose not to run during her pregnancy (17:15)
- Laura talks about whether not running throughout pregnancy made her postpartum comeback easier or more challenging (22:00)
- How Laura got into running (28:30)
- What Laura’s training for now, plus how and when she sets her running goals (32:00)
- Laura’s advice for aspiring Boston Marathon qualifiers (36:30)
- How and why Laura decided to become a running coach, and what she’s like as a coach (38:30)
- Laura talks about the most common mistakes she sees most runners making (41:30)
- Laura opens up about her postpartum OCD (44:15)
- How Laura takes care of herself in spite of an extremely busy schedule (52:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!