Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I had a lovely conversation with my BFF mikeannebailey this morning. We were talking about the inevitable stress of… https://t.co/58v804pz8U about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Holy crap, I don't think I blinked for 13 minutes straight watching this. Iconic, @JLo. https://t.co/OONRHOV6tq about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
Ali on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
“I haven’t always failed gracefully, but I’ve always come back.” —Laura Anderson
Laura Anderson is a full-time working mom and McKirdy Trained running coach based in Rochester, NY. Laura had her daughter, Hannah, a little over a year ago, and in May she ran — and won — her first big postpartum race. On this episode, Laura reflects on her 2018 Buffalo Marathon win (she finished in 2:57, which was also a marathon PR) and the training that helped her break the tape. She also honestly and candidly talks about her experience with postpartum OCD, body image, and goal setting.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Laura reflects on her recent Buffalo Marathon win and what race day was like (2:50)
- How Laura’s Buffalo Marathon training went — her first postpartum training cycle — and what she does for cross-training (11:40)
- Why Laura chose not to run during her pregnancy (17:15)
- Laura talks about whether not running throughout pregnancy made her postpartum comeback easier or more challenging (22:00)
- How Laura got into running (28:30)
- What Laura’s training for now, plus how and when she sets her running goals (32:00)
- Laura’s advice for aspiring Boston Marathon qualifiers (36:30)
- How and why Laura decided to become a running coach, and what she’s like as a coach (38:30)
- Laura talks about the most common mistakes she sees most runners making (41:30)
- Laura opens up about her postpartum OCD (44:15)
- How Laura takes care of herself in spite of an extremely busy schedule (52:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!