Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "It’s OK to fail, and it’s OK to want to succeed." @losingrace https://t.co/8JIptNesnD about 47 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hugest congratulations to @robkrar for WINNING the @LTRaceSeries 100 yesterday! Love this guy! Well deserved, my fr… https://t.co/HlSKC6dTdc about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 15, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
- August 13, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 29
- August 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 91: What's New With You Week with Sarah Sellers
- August 7, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 28
- August 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 90: What's New With You Week with Gwen Jorgensen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 91: What's New With You Week with Sarah Sellers
“I’m still not sure which was crazier: me finishing second, or the response to me finishing second.” — Sarah Sellers
After the 2018 Boston Marathon, everyone wanted to meet second place finisher Sarah Sellers. She joined the Ali on the Run Show just two days after her triumphant finish in Boston — and that episode went on to become the most-downloaded episode of the show ever. Today, Sarah is still a nurse anesthetist living in Arizona, but her life looks a little different post-Boston. She’s no longer and unknown, unsponsored runner — she signed with Altra soon after Boston — and she’s $75,000 richer thanks to the Boston Marathon. On this episode, she looks back at that day in Boston and how her life has changed since, and shares her big racing plans for the fall.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- What the days and weeks after the Boston Marathon were like for Sarah (2:05)
- What it was like returning to work after Boston (4:45)
- What Sarah’s post-Boston recovery was like (6:00)
- How Sarah spent her $75,000 Boston Marathon prize money (7:30)
- How Sarah became sponsored post-Boston, what that process was like, and why she chose to partner with Altra (10:10)
- Whether her second-place finish in Boston added stress and pressure to Sarah’s running (16:00)
- How Sarah is fitting her new, busier running and racing commitments into her already intense work schedule (19:40)
- What’s next for Sarah Sellers? (23:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!