Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 90: What's New With You Week with Gwen Jorgensen
“It’s hard. I go and put the work in and see a glimmer of hope and then get my butt handed to me a week later. It’s difficult. But I know what I want to do and what I believe I’m capable of doing, and I know I just need to continue to work.” —Gwen Jorgensen
When Gwen Jorgensen was on the Ali on the Run Show earlier this year, she had recently moved to Portland, OR, and had just announced her next big goal: to transition from an Olympic gold medal-winning triathlete to an Olympic gold medal-winning marathoner. Gwen has been training with the Bowerman Track Club, under the leadership of Coach Jerry Schumacher, and she’s back on the show to give us all an update on how her 2020 pursuit is going. Plus, she talks about how becoming a mom to one-year-old Stanley has changed the game for her, and what she’s learned from her fellow Bowerman Babes.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why Gwen wanted to train with the Bowerman Track Club, and how she made it happen (2:10)
- What it’s like being a Bowerman Babe, and what Gwen has learned from her teammates (4:20)
- What is it about Jerry Schumacher? (8:00)
- How Gwen’s training is going, physically and mentally (11:00)
- How becoming a mom has changed Gwen’s training (15:50)
- What Gwen’s fall marathon goals look like and how she’s working toward them (19:45)
- What’s new with Stanley? (22:00)
- Gwen reflects on her postpartum return to running and training (24:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!