Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 88: What's New With You Week with Allie Kieffer
“Expectations obviously are higher now. But I put them on myself.” —Allie Kieffer
When Allie Kieffer was on Episode 46 of the Ali on the Run Show last November, she was fresh off a fifth-place finish at the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon. Her 2:29 finish was triumphant: She was this unknown, unsponsored runner from Buffalo, NY, who happened to be the first American woman to finish behind winner Shalane Flanagan. Now, Allie is no longer unknown or unsponsored. She signed with Oiselle soon after NYC, trained in Kenya for seven weeks, and recently moved to Boulder, CO, where she’s gearing up to return to the New York City Marathon.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Allie reflects on the 2017 TCS New York City Marathon and how it impacted her career (2:15)
- Allie’s best advice for moving past a bad race or workout (6:05)
- How Allie became a sponsored runner, thanks to Oiselle, what the signing process entailed, and what her sponsorship agreement looks like (7:20)
- Whether becoming a well-known, in-the-public-eye runner after the 2017 NYC Marathon was stressful or motivating for Allie (13:40)
- What training in Kenya was like — and how Allie ended up there in the first place (15:30)
- How Allie coped emotionally after going from being in the best shape of her life to having a stress fracture and being totally sidelined (22:10)
- Why Allie traded Buffalo for Boulder (28:00)
- Allie opens up about how she became an advocate for body positivity, and her relationship with her body and race times (31:15)
- What’s next for Allie Kieffer (37:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!