Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Yes! A+ endorsement for the @fast_women newsletter! https://t.co/GUM7Go7ZLr about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I wish I knew that it was normal to feel this way." The co-founders of @MotherlyMedia are on the Ali on the Run S… https://t.co/h9EfCqBuLK about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcoming eight months with a high kick and, again, wanting to freeze time right where we are. Loving this stage, w… https://t.co/OvxChwqFOH about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 150: Motherhood Mondays with Jill Koziol & Liz Tenety, Co-Founders of Motherly
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
Ali on the Run Show Episode 87: What's New With You Week with Michele Gonzalez
“I felt relieved. I knew mentally and physically, I was not ready to be on that starting line.” —Michele Gonzalez
The last time Michele Gonzalez (AKA “NYC Running Mama”) was on the show, she was gearing up to run the 2017 Boston Marathon. During that episode, Michele and I joked about someday being pregnant at the same time — and now here we are, both expecting babies this fall! Michele is a full-time working mom of two, and her third child is due in November. On this episode, she talks about her pregnancy, what her running looked like over the past year, and whether she has any postpartum running goals. She also shares her secrets for snapping those gorgeous sunrise running photos!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Michele shares all the exciting news about her pregnancy (1:45)
- How Michele’s recent running goals factored into her decision to have a baby right now (8:30)
- How Michele dealt with and got through a tough running year in 2017 (11:45)
- Whether Michele has any big postpartum running goals, and the pressure she felt in the past to return to running and racing soon after having a baby (16:00)
- Michele opens up about whether she’s worried to take time off from work post-baby (21:00)
- Michele’s best advice for getting back into the workforce after taking time off to raise a family (28:45)
- Michele shares her secret to getting those gorgeous sunrise running shots (31:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!