Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "It’s OK to fail, and it’s OK to want to succeed." @losingrace https://t.co/8JIptNesnD about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hugest congratulations to @robkrar for WINNING the @LTRaceSeries 100 yesterday! Love this guy! Well deserved, my fr… https://t.co/HlSKC6dTdc about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- August 15, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 92: Laura Anderson, 2018 Buffalo Marathon Winner
- August 13, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 29
- August 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 91: What's New With You Week with Sarah Sellers
- August 7, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 28
- August 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 90: What's New With You Week with Gwen Jorgensen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 86: What's New With You Week with Kara Goucher
“I don’t think I’ll ever retire. If something motivates me, I want to go for it.” —Kara Goucher
Kara Goucher is back on the Ali on the Run Show, talking about her new book, Strong, how keeping a confidence journal changed her life, and where her running career is at right now. She also talks about the current state of women’s running, and reflects on how choosing to have a child at the height of her professional running career affected her job. Plus, she answers the two questions everyone keeps asking: Is she retired, and does she want more kids?
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring What’s New With You Week on the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Kara dishes about her new book, Strong, and how keeping a confidence journal has changed her life (2:00)
- Kara recounts her performance at this year’s Grandma’s Marathon, and reflects on the highs and lows of the day (7:30)
- Kara opens up about what it’s like when your competitor has an amazing day and you have a less-than-stellar one (13:10)
- Where Kara’s at with her running career right now (17:40)
- What it’s like watching American women dominate on the roads and track right now (20:15)
- Kara talks about running during and after pregnancy, and why she returned to running so soon after giving birth to her son, Colt (26:30)
- How choosing to have a child actually affected Kara’s professional running career (32:35)
- Whether Kara still wants to dabble in ultra running (38:00)
- Is Kara retired? (40:00)
- Does Kara want more kids? (42:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!