Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The last few days have been ROUGH. Physically, I’ll spare you the details of my latest clogged duct, but it took ne… https://t.co/u53m2CTJ0I about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie! You’re two months old today! The past two months have been the ultimate whirlwind and blur. Annie is hilario… https://t.co/0MnIUHFXHe 10:58:19 AM December 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 83: Ryan Linden
“I had no idea there was a camera on me. But yes, I have seen all the memes.” — Ryan Linden
If Ryan Linden’s last name sounds familiar, that’s because yes, he is married to 2018 Boston Marathon champion Desiree Linden. Ryan was the undeniably proud face the cameras kept cutting to as Des neared the historic Boston finish line, and on this episode, he breaks down every detail from that life-changing Marathon Monday — from his perspective! He also shares what Des is really like on race morning, how they met and got engaged, and how they balance their intense work and training schedules. In addition to being a super husband and stellar spectator, Ryan is also a tremendous athlete himself: He’s a 2:26 marathoner turned Ironman, and is hoping to return to Kona to compete this year. He’s also a new business owner and entrepreneur: Ryan, along with Des and fellow runner-husband-and-wife team Ben and Sarah True, founded Linden & True Coffee earlier this year to much fanfare.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $55 off your wireless headphone bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Ryan explains what he does for a living, where his Ironman pursuits fit into that lifestyle, and how he became a competitive athlete (4:05)
- What motivates Ryan, and what the “Linden on the run” partnership is like (9:15)
- What a day in the life of Ryan is like, and whether he still dreams of a 2:22 marathon and Olympic Trials qualifier (12:30)
- How Ryan and Des met, started dating, and got engaged — plus what went down at the 2010 Chicago Marathon (17:00)
- What Ryan and Desiree’s relationship dynamic is like, and whether they ever get competitive with each other (23:20)
- Ryan shares what Des is like on race morning, then breaks down the 2018 Boston Marathon from his perspective (30:30)
- What it was like seeing Des make that final turn about to win the Boston Marathon (41:45)
- What post-Boston life has been like for the Lindens, including walking the red carpet at the Billboard Music Awards, and what Ryan wants to see Des do next (44:00)
- How and why Des, Ryan, and Ben and Sarah True decided to start Linden & True Coffee, and what that process has been like (46:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!