Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 80: Amelia Boone, Ultra Runner & World's Toughest Mudder
“I was so petrified of failure for so long that I never ventured outside of things I knew I was good at.” —Amelia Boone
Amelia Boone is a badass. By day, she’s a lawyer at Apple, and by very early morning, she’s a four-time world champion obstacle racer and self-proclaimed “budding ultra runner.” Amelia lives in San Jose, CA, and is a glutton for punishment — hence her race distance of choice being “long.” On this episode, Amelia — who you may recognize as last month’s Runner’s World cover star — talks about why she’s intrigued by failure, why she loves grueling races, and how she gained her mental strength. She reflects on her go at the 2018 Barkley Marathons, and opens up about the pressure to win.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why the brutality of obstacle races and ultramarathons appeals to Amelia, and why she’s intrigued by fear (2:15)
- How Amelia got into obstacle course racing (5:00)
- Amelia reflects on her attempt at completing the 2018 Barkley Marathons (11:15)
- What it’s like to become the World’s Toughest Mudder (21:15)
- What Amelia’s family thinks of her crazy endurance adventures, and how she became a well-known figure in the sports world (27:00)
- What a day in the life looks like for Amelia (30:30)
- Amelia shares her take on rest days (35:00)
- What the pressure to keep winning is like (38:40)
- How Amelia found ultra running (41:00)
- Amelia shares her best advice for first-time obstacle racers and ultra runners (48:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!