Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s my first time being away from Annie, and I’m totally fine! No, really. I am actually totally fine! I miss her… https://t.co/M7OAKfdEUk 07:33:16 PM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This is exactly what I needed to watch this morning. (And every morning.) @BillyYang https://t.co/UOUYs5AV1w 09:13:16 AM January 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- My vision: me, standing all cute in front of the NYC skyline, holding big, shiny, hot pink balloons spelling out “2… https://t.co/OvFMUZlzJ5 06:16:58 PM January 23, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 200: Starla Garcia, Olympic Trials Qualifier
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
Ali on the Run Show Episode 80: Amelia Boone, Ultra Runner & World's Toughest Mudder
“I was so petrified of failure for so long that I never ventured outside of things I knew I was good at.” —Amelia Boone
Amelia Boone is a badass. By day, she’s a lawyer at Apple, and by very early morning, she’s a four-time world champion obstacle racer and self-proclaimed “budding ultra runner.” Amelia lives in San Jose, CA, and is a glutton for punishment — hence her race distance of choice being “long.” On this episode, Amelia — who you may recognize as last month’s Runner’s World cover star — talks about why she’s intrigued by failure, why she loves grueling races, and how she gained her mental strength. She reflects on her go at the 2018 Barkley Marathons, and opens up about the pressure to win.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why the brutality of obstacle races and ultramarathons appeals to Amelia, and why she’s intrigued by fear (2:15)
- How Amelia got into obstacle course racing (5:00)
- Amelia reflects on her attempt at completing the 2018 Barkley Marathons (11:15)
- What it’s like to become the World’s Toughest Mudder (21:15)
- What Amelia’s family thinks of her crazy endurance adventures, and how she became a well-known figure in the sports world (27:00)
- What a day in the life looks like for Amelia (30:30)
- Amelia shares her take on rest days (35:00)
- What the pressure to keep winning is like (38:40)
- How Amelia found ultra running (41:00)
- Amelia shares her best advice for first-time obstacle racers and ultra runners (48:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!