Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I just felt like running! I don’t think that pace is quite accurate, and I made a handful of bathroom stops, plus… https://t.co/50UduIDrye 11:12:19 AM September 21, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This picture is from the summer of 2013. I was SO sick that summer. It was the hardest summer of my life. My Crohn’… https://t.co/LhMEKhc3WX 08:06:56 PM September 19, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- September 18, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 174: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Ali on the Run Show
- September 16, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 173: You Can Run a Marathon with Dawn Grunnagle
- September 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 172: Amanda Nurse, Elite Marathoner for adidas
- September 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 171: You Can Run a Marathon with Molly Bookmyer
- September 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 170: LIVE at NYRR RunnerCon with Nikki Hiltz & Allie Ostrander
Ali on the Run Show Episode 79: Kayla Itsines
“I’ve been doing this for three years now and I’m still not used to it. I still get nervous. I worry, am I saying the right thing? Do they like me? Am I funny enough?” —Kayla Itsines
With nearly 10 million followers on Instagram, and 22 million on Facebook, Kayla Itsines is arguably the world’s most famous fitness personality and trainer right now. She’s the co-creator of the Bikini Body Guides (BBG) workouts (those 28-minute, deceptively tough workouts everyone’s posting about on Instagram) and the brains behind the Sweat app, and she is a bona-fide global sensation. But Kayla, who is from Adelaide, Australia, doesn’t think of herself as famous — and that was definitely never the plan. She just wanted to be a personal trainer and to help women, and along the way she built a multi-million dollar business, a massive reputation, a super supportive community, and a team of 100 employees.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Whether being today’s most popular and influential trainer and fitness personality was the future young Kayla Itsines saw for herself, and how she turned her lifestyle into a business (2:25)
- Whether Kayla enjoys being an entrepreneur (5:15)
- The a-ha moment that made Kayla realize she had found her place (7:15)
- Why Kayla gets nervous before her boot camps (8:15)
- What Kayla’s family thinks of their Insta-famous relative (10:20)
- Why Kayla decided to call her workouts Bikini Body Guides, and what that means to her (11:00)
- How Kayla and her fiancé, Tobi, met (11:45)
- How Kayla hires, manages, and oversees a 100-person team, and what a day in the life looks like for her (15:25)
- Why Kayla doesn’t want someone taking over her Instagram (17:30)
- How Kayla created the BBG workouts (18:00)
- Whether there’s pressure that comes with having a massive following, and whether Kayla likes being famous (20:45)
- Kayla opens up about what her relationship with her body is like (27:25)
- Kayla shares what her diet is like (29:50)
- Kayla’s tips for building body confidence (31:10)
- Whether Kayla is bothered by negative comments (32:50)
- Kayla’s best Instagram advice (35:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!