Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 2, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 258: Feel-Good Friday with Claudia Thompson, President of Claudia Connects
- July 1, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 257: Nutrition Q&A with Starla Garcia, Registered Dietitian
- June 29, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 256: On the Job with Vikki Spruill, President & CEO of New England Aquarium
- June 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 255: Ramblings on the Run with Ali & Matt
- June 24, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 254: Samia Akbar, Fastest U.S.-Born Black Female Marathoner
Ali on the Run Show Episode 79: Kayla Itsines
“I’ve been doing this for three years now and I’m still not used to it. I still get nervous. I worry, am I saying the right thing? Do they like me? Am I funny enough?” —Kayla Itsines
With nearly 10 million followers on Instagram, and 22 million on Facebook, Kayla Itsines is arguably the world’s most famous fitness personality and trainer right now. She’s the co-creator of the Bikini Body Guides (BBG) workouts (those 28-minute, deceptively tough workouts everyone’s posting about on Instagram) and the brains behind the Sweat app, and she is a bona-fide global sensation. But Kayla, who is from Adelaide, Australia, doesn’t think of herself as famous — and that was definitely never the plan. She just wanted to be a personal trainer and to help women, and along the way she built a multi-million dollar business, a massive reputation, a super supportive community, and a team of 100 employees.
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Whether being today’s most popular and influential trainer and fitness personality was the future young Kayla Itsines saw for herself, and how she turned her lifestyle into a business (2:25)
- Whether Kayla enjoys being an entrepreneur (5:15)
- The a-ha moment that made Kayla realize she had found her place (7:15)
- Why Kayla gets nervous before her boot camps (8:15)
- What Kayla’s family thinks of their Insta-famous relative (10:20)
- Why Kayla decided to call her workouts Bikini Body Guides, and what that means to her (11:00)
- How Kayla and her fiancé, Tobi, met (11:45)
- How Kayla hires, manages, and oversees a 100-person team, and what a day in the life looks like for her (15:25)
- Why Kayla doesn’t want someone taking over her Instagram (17:30)
- How Kayla created the BBG workouts (18:00)
- Whether there’s pressure that comes with having a massive following, and whether Kayla likes being famous (20:45)
- Kayla opens up about what her relationship with her body is like (27:25)
- Kayla shares what her diet is like (29:50)
- Kayla’s tips for building body confidence (31:10)
- Whether Kayla is bothered by negative comments (32:50)
- Kayla’s best Instagram advice (35:20)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!