Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- May 22, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 144: Sara & Ryan Hall
- May 19, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 143: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, OB/GYN & President of Saving Mothers
- May 15, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 142: Jen Ator, Women's Running Editor in Chief
- May 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 141: Motherhood Mondays with Colleen Lubin, Creator of Not Quite Knocked Up
- May 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 140: Carolyn Su, Creator of @diversewerun
Ali on the Run Show Episode 78: Wesley Little, Couples Therapist
“You can make a career shift at any time. Because why not pursue something that you think would make you happy?” —Wesley Little
Wesley Little is a licensed professional counselor specializing in couples therapy, and she’s here to answer all of my — and your — burning questions. On this episode, Wesley talks about her indirect route to becoming a therapist (including a detour through law school), and the schooling and education required to pursue a similar career. She debunks common misconceptions about therapy, explains why most couples seek therapy together, and shares what she thinks holds most people back from seeing a therapist. Now more than ever, this conversation is so important, and I hope you enjoy it. (Plus, Wesley and her husband are both two-time marathoners. As for whether they have a “perfect marriage” and never fight? I asked. And she answered.)
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- How Wesley decided to become a therapist, and what her journey to her dream career entailed (3:10)
- The kind of therapy Wesley practices, and why she decided she wanted to work with couples (9:45)
- Wesley debunks some common misconceptions about couples therapy (13:40)
- Wesley’s advice for finding a therapist, and what she says holds most people back from going to therapy (15:10)
- Wesley breaks down the most common reasons couples seek therapy (20:20)
- When is the right time to start seeing a therapist? And how do you get your partner to agree if he or she is hesitant? (29:25)
- Wesley opens up about her own relationship, and how running plays a role in it (38:00)
- Wesley shares whether or not she thinks you should go to bed angry (43:00)
- Wesley answers listener questions! (45:15)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!