Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 13, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 78: Wesley Little, Couples Therapist
- June 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 19 & 20
- June 10, 2018 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K 2018 Recap
- June 6, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 77: The Live Show!
- June 5, 2018 by AliWe Went LIVE
Ali on the Run Show Episode 77: The Live Show!
“In order to find out what you can do, you have to show up. Give yourself a chance and see what happens.” —Desiree Linden
When I launched the Ali on the Run Show in February 2017, I knew right away I wanted to eventually host live events. I love sharing conversations on this show every week, but human, in-real-life connection is so powerful. I wanted to have those conversations with a live audience. It was a dream in 2017, and on June 2 at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter — alongside Meb Keflezighi, Andrea Barber, Chris Heuisler, and Des Linden — it became a reality. Here’s the full episode. (And here’s a recap from San Diego.)
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Why Meb Keflezighi is, according to Chris Heuisler, like Mr. Miyagi (5:20)
- How everyone on the panel knows each other (6:00)
- What brought everyone to running — and what keeps them running (8:40)
- Andrea isn’t a fan of red carpets, but she was happy to do this live show — here’s why (11:00)
- The sacrifices Meb, Andrea, and Chris all had to make throughout their careers and lives, in running and beyond (12:10)
- What Meb’s retirement looks like (15:00)
- “When it comes to running, how do you get your family to get it?” (21:30)
- Meb, Andrea, and Chris open up about their insecurities, how they developed their confidence, and mental health (25:45)
- How Meb’s identity has changed since retirement, and what it’s like to show up to a race when you’re not there to win (32:20)
- “Do you have any haters?” (36:00)
- Listener Q&A: Meb’s tips for mastering mental toughness, and everyone shares their favorite spot for a long run (40:30)
- Sprint to the Finish — with a surprise guest! (44:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!