Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
- September 25, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 176: Megan Harrington, Creator of The Runner's Kitchen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 75: Brian Cristiano, CEO of BOLD Worldwide
“I can’t be that guy that’s lying to myself. I said I was going to go do something, now I have to go do it.” —Brian Cristiano
Brian Cristiano is the founder and CEO of BOLD Worldwide, a media marketing company in New York City. Last year, Brian shared with the world his goal to build BOLD to a $100 million agency, and he’s been working nonstop to make it happen. Brian may be super successful now — and on the road to becoming a $100 millionaire! — but that wasn’t always the case. On this episode, Brian shares how he found himself $250,000 in debt, depressed, and sleeping on his own couch while he rented his one-bedroom apartment to a stranger. He talks about the moves that led to rock bottom, and how he built himself back up from it — and went on to live a debt-free life, without any loans, handouts, or investments. (And yes, Brian is also my husband. But you knew that already.)
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Brian reflects on growing up attending Catholic school, and how that began his “spiral downward!” (2:30)
- Brian talks about his relationship with his dad, who passed away when Brian was 17 years old, and shares what high school was like (5:30)
- Why Brian decided to drop out of college (11:10)
- How Brian became an entrepreneur (14:45)
- “Was it easy?” “What a joke. Nope.” Brian opens up about the early challenges of starting a business. (28:45)
- How Brian dug himself out of $250,000 in debt and came back after hitting rock bottom (32:00)
- How a weekend with Tony Robbins changed Brian’s life (40:40)
- Why Brian decided to go public with his big dreams and goals and launch the Growing BOLD docu-series (43:45)
- How Brian’s decision to launch Growing BOLD affected our relationship (50:00)
- The call that made everything feel worth it (53:30)
- Brian’s best advice for making the tough calls and doing that thing you’ve been avoiding (57:30)
- What makes Brian feel insecure, and the advice he would give his teenage self (1:00:15)
- Brian’s advice for getting out of your comfort zone (1:05:30)
- Two empowering steps Brian says to take today to start changing your life (1:13:30)
- Brian answers listener questions about building confidence, being in a relationship with someone who is depressed, and his greatest fear (1:16:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!