Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- With the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials just 11 days away (!!!), here are some of my favorite people to follow for gr… https://t.co/iJmsBCGB1D 08:26:37 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 01:37:33 PM February 18, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Olympic Trials live show information + all the past Ali on the Run Show guests who will be running! https://t.co/zPsHNmJjzl 09:46:54 AM February 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Valentine's Day! Love, the Ali on the Run Show — and @karagoucher & @Adam_Goucher! It's the fifth and final e… https://t.co/zSYFru5ccV 08:19:43 AM February 14, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 19, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 209: Catching Up with Andrea Barber
- February 17, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Live in Atlanta + Runners to Watch at the Olympic Marathon Trials
- February 13, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 208: Love on the Run Week with Kara & Adam Goucher
- February 12, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 207: Love on the Run Week with Gwen Jorgensen & Pat Lemieux
- February 11, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 206: Love on the Run Week with Steph & Ben Bruce
Ali on the Run Show Episode 74: Sarah Clancy, Founder of Sarah Marie Design Studio
“Yeah, there are times that I have no idea what I’m doing. But that’s part of the fun of it.” —Sarah Fitzpatrick Clancy
Sarah Clancy is the founder and creator of Sarah Marie Design Studio. The runner-specific apparel and accessories company was born two years ago, and almost instantly gained a devoted following including the likes of Kara Goucher, Molly Huddle, and Andrea Barber. Sarah is a work-from-home mom of two and full-time business owner, and on this episode, she shares her successes, failures, struggles, and victories. As for whether entrepreneurship was always the plan? Sarah says she always knew she’d be a business owner, but wasn’t sure what that would look like. It wasn’t until she honed in on her true passions — running the show and running — that she found her niche. Here’s how she made it happen.
Love Sarah’s stuff? Go shopping, and use code ONTHERUN at checkout for 15% off your purchase!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE for $30 off your wireless headphone purchase!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was becoming an entrepreneur and business owner young Sarah’s plan? (3:00)
- When, how, and why Sarah launched Sarah Marie Design Studio (6:30)
- The biggest challenges and learned curves Sarah faced when she launched her business (12:15)
- How Sarah manages being a work-from-home mom of two and business owner (14:45)
- The benefits and challenges of being married to a fellow business owner (16:55)
- How Sarah Marie Design Studio grew and gained fans like Kara Goucher and Molly Huddle (21:20)
- Exactly how much Sarah does (25:45)
- Sarah’s career a-ha moment (28:55)
- Where Sarah gets her inspiration (34:10)
- Sarah’s hopes, dreams, and plans for the future of SMDS (36:40)
- Sarah shares her definition of what it means to “work hard,” and admits to the less-sunshine-y aspects of her day-to-day business life (38:00)
- Sarah’s advice for work-from-home moms (41:50)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!