Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
- September 25, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 176: Megan Harrington, Creator of The Runner's Kitchen
Ali on the Run Show Episode 71: Lori & David Feller AKA Mom & Dad on the Run
Lots of people say I’m just like my mom. Others swear I’m a clone of my dad. On this episode, you’ll get to decide! I am thrilled to welcome Lori and David Feller — my parents! — to the Ali on the Run Show. On this episode, we chat about how they met and fell in love (and their stories don’t exactly match up, so I’m siding with my mom on this one), how they survived long-distance dating in college when social media and texting didn’t exist (there was hitchhiking involved), and what it was like having and raising Ryan (my 19-months-older brother) and me. They share their favorite young Ali memories, as well as a few not-so-favorite ones (that speeding ticket wasn’t my fault!). We had a blast recording this episode, and I hope you enjoy joining us on our trip down Feller family memory lane.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- My mom’s story of how my parents met and when they fell in love (2:40)
- My dad’s story of how they met and fell in love (4:10)
- What it was like long-distance dating in the 1970s, and how they made it work (6:00)
- How my dad proposed to my mom (9:43)
- Their thoughts on whether it was a big deal for a Jewish guy to be marrying a Catholic girl, and whether their parents cared (12:50)
- What life was like for each of them once they had kids, and what got them to move from Pennsylvania to Contoocook, NH (18:30)
- My exciting birth story! (21:45)
- My parents talk all about what I was like growing up (25:00)
- What it was like raising two kids with Crohn’s disease (36:30)
- What made my parents most proud — and most disappointed or frustrated (40:00)
- What my parents would have done differently when it came to raising children (45:30)
- How my parents feel about running (47:30)
- My parents open up about my past relationships, and the moment they met Brian Cristiano (51:30)
- How to stay happily married for 36 years (54:40)
- How my parents reacted to the news that Brian and I are having a baby (57:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!