Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 68: We're Having a Baby!
“We’re gonna go through tough times. And we’re gonna be fine.” —Brian Cristiano
Brian and I are so excited to tell the world that we are having a baby! I am 12 weeks pregnant (at the time we recorded this), and am due October 23. On this episode, we answer all the questions we keep getting from friends, family, and total strangers (namely, “Was this planned?! Were you trying?!”), and share how we’re both feeling, why we’re frustrated with the medical system (as usual!), and whether we think Ellie knows she’s about to be a big sister (she totally does). Thanks for following along on this crazy ride — we can’t wait to share it all with you.
What you’ll get on this episode:
- “Were you trying?! Was this planned?!” (1:30)
- How I found out, and how I felt when I got that positive pregnancy test (3:30)
- How I told Brian the big news (10:00)
- How I’ve been feeling (17:45)
- Our experience with doctors so far — the good and the bad (19:20)
- How we told our families the news (34:00)
- How Brian’s feeling right now (38:35)
- My response to people who ask, “Do you want a boy or a girl?” (42:50)
- What has surprised us both so far (46:30)
- Does Ellie know what’s up? (54:00)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!