Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- This post is #sponsored by the amergastroassn #IBDParenthoodProject. Now and then. It's so crazy to look back at… https://t.co/q8xyFhBdCG 07:12:30 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “When you’re in a powerless position & the rest of your career is totally dependent on what you do, you aren’t goin… https://t.co/Oxg9MuShaT 06:30:59 AM November 15, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Shout-out to all the parents out there whose babies are getting four teeth at once. Whose babies have woken up cryi… https://t.co/SDPVCQ7Rpu 06:44:39 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Loved talking to @junodemelo and @runnersworld about my relationships with podcasting and running! https://t.co/H6Fr3ekXVr 02:27:52 PM November 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
- November 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 187: I'm a New York City Marathon Race Announcer!
- November 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 186: Why It's An Exciting Time for Women's Running LIVE Show
- October 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 185: Janelle Hartman, Final Finisher of the 2018 New York City Marathon
Ali on the Run Show Episode 66: Boston Marathon Talk with Molly Huddle
“I’m bringing the track speed to the marathon.” —Molly Huddle
On April 16, professional runner Molly Huddle will be among a strong field of indomitable American women racing the Boston Marathon. This will only be Molly’s second marathon: She made her 26.2-mile debut at the 2016 TCS New York City Marathon. On this episode, Molly, who is from Rhode Island and chatted with me from Arizona, shares all things Boston: how her training has been going, what she’s excited about, what she’s nervous about, and what she learned from her first marathon that she’ll take with her into her second. Plus, she answers the question I’ve always wanted to ask: How in the world do pro runners grab their water bottles off those tables mid-race without slowing down, missing a bottle, grabbing someone else’s bottle, or dropping a bottle?
What you’ll get in this episode:
- How Molly’s feeling a month out from Boston, and how this training cycle has been different from her NYC Marathon training (1:50)
- How fast Molly runs her track workouts and how slow she runs her recovery runs (3:30)
- Molly reflects on setting a new American half-marathon world record in Houston in January (5:00)
- Molly shares the high and low points of Boston Marathon training so far (6:45)
- What Molly’s weekly mileage will peak at leading up to Boston (8:50)
- Molly’s taper strategy, and her thoughts on tapering (9:15)
- Molly’s Boston fueling strategy (11:35)
- The greatest lesson Molly says she learned from her first marathon (14:45)
- What Molly has that the rest of the American women don’t (15:45)
- What race week will look like for Molly (18:50)
- Molly shares her Boston Marathon goals (23:30)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!