Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’m at a loss for words because I’ve had like six glasses of champagne, but mostly, today is the best. This week ha… https://t.co/dh5NdfccI6 about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: The best parts of my week. There were so many! https://t.co/J72EjfuQDn 11:41:22 AM January 17, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2020 by AliThe 10 Best Parts of My Week
- January 15, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 199: My 2020 Visions, Plans, Hopes, & Dreams
- January 14, 2020 by AliAnnie Update: 15 Months
- January 10, 2020 by AliThis Week
- January 8, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 198: Rachel Gersten, Co-Founder of Viva Wellness
Ali on the Run Show Episode 61: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part I: Egg Freezing, Periods, Hormones, & Birth Control
“KonMari your life, KonMari your uterus.” —Meggie Smith
Dr. Meggie is back! Meggie Smith made her Ali on the Run Show debut last year, when she was wrapping up her OB/GYN residency at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City. After graduating, Meggie moved to California, where she’s currently pursuing her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Southern California. On Part I of this two-part episode, Meggie talks about life in L.A., her recent decision to freeze her eggs and what the retrieval process was like, and the mental and emotional struggles she’s been experiencing. Then, we kick off the Q&A! This week, Dr. Meggie answers listener questions about periods, sex, hormones, and birth control.
This episode is brought to you by Strava, the leading social network for athletes. Click here to join today, then enter for your chance to win a 2018 TCS New York City Marathon entry and a $500 travel stipend!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- An update on Meggie’s life since the last time she was on the Ali on the Run Show, including whether she actually likes life in Los Angeles (2:30)
- Meggie opens up about her recent mental health struggles (7:55)
- Ice, Ice, Baby! Meggie’s egg freezing experience (15:25)
- Why Meggie says the day of her egg retrieval was the best day of her life, plus how she felt after the procedure (23:45)
- What Meggie says is the ideal age for egg freezing — and when it’s too late (30:00)
- Why Meggie’s running the UA NYC Half, and how you can support her training (34:00)
- Disclaimer time! (35:20)
- The listener Q&A portion begins! First category: periods (36:55)
- The organic vs. regular tampon debate (40:50)
- Meggie answers your sex questions! (45:10)
- Hormones and birth control Q&A (50:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!