Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 61: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part I: Egg Freezing, Periods, Hormones, & Birth Control
“KonMari your life, KonMari your uterus.” —Meggie Smith
Dr. Meggie is back! Meggie Smith made her Ali on the Run Show debut last year, when she was wrapping up her OB/GYN residency at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City. After graduating, Meggie moved to California, where she’s currently pursuing her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Southern California. On Part I of this two-part episode, Meggie talks about life in L.A., her recent decision to freeze her eggs and what the retrieval process was like, and the mental and emotional struggles she’s been experiencing. Then, we kick off the Q&A! This week, Dr. Meggie answers listener questions about periods, sex, hormones, and birth control.
This episode is brought to you by Strava, the leading social network for athletes. Click here to join today, then enter for your chance to win a 2018 TCS New York City Marathon entry and a $500 travel stipend!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- An update on Meggie’s life since the last time she was on the Ali on the Run Show, including whether she actually likes life in Los Angeles (2:30)
- Meggie opens up about her recent mental health struggles (7:55)
- Ice, Ice, Baby! Meggie’s egg freezing experience (15:25)
- Why Meggie says the day of her egg retrieval was the best day of her life, plus how she felt after the procedure (23:45)
- What Meggie says is the ideal age for egg freezing — and when it’s too late (30:00)
- Why Meggie’s running the UA NYC Half, and how you can support her training (34:00)
- Disclaimer time! (35:20)
- The listener Q&A portion begins! First category: periods (36:55)
- The organic vs. regular tampon debate (40:50)
- Meggie answers your sex questions! (45:10)
- Hormones and birth control Q&A (50:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!