Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I had a lovely conversation with my BFF mikeannebailey this morning. We were talking about the inevitable stress of… https://t.co/58v804pz8U about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Holy crap, I don't think I blinked for 13 minutes straight watching this. Iconic, @JLo. https://t.co/OONRHOV6tq about 21 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
- November 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 188: Nikki Hiltz & Therese Haiss
Ali on the Run Show Episode 61: Dr. Meggie Q&A Part I: Egg Freezing, Periods, Hormones, & Birth Control
“KonMari your life, KonMari your uterus.” —Meggie Smith
Dr. Meggie is back! Meggie Smith made her Ali on the Run Show debut last year, when she was wrapping up her OB/GYN residency at the NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City. After graduating, Meggie moved to California, where she’s currently pursuing her fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Southern California. On Part I of this two-part episode, Meggie talks about life in L.A., her recent decision to freeze her eggs and what the retrieval process was like, and the mental and emotional struggles she’s been experiencing. Then, we kick off the Q&A! This week, Dr. Meggie answers listener questions about periods, sex, hormones, and birth control.
This episode is brought to you by Strava, the leading social network for athletes. Click here to join today, then enter for your chance to win a 2018 TCS New York City Marathon entry and a $500 travel stipend!
What you’ll get in this episode:
- An update on Meggie’s life since the last time she was on the Ali on the Run Show, including whether she actually likes life in Los Angeles (2:30)
- Meggie opens up about her recent mental health struggles (7:55)
- Ice, Ice, Baby! Meggie’s egg freezing experience (15:25)
- Why Meggie says the day of her egg retrieval was the best day of her life, plus how she felt after the procedure (23:45)
- What Meggie says is the ideal age for egg freezing — and when it’s too late (30:00)
- Why Meggie’s running the UA NYC Half, and how you can support her training (34:00)
- Disclaimer time! (35:20)
- The listener Q&A portion begins! First category: periods (36:55)
- The organic vs. regular tampon debate (40:50)
- Meggie answers your sex questions! (45:10)
- Hormones and birth control Q&A (50:40)
What we mention on this episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!