Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- February 21, 2019 by AliA Day in the Life With a 3.5 Month Old
- February 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 120: Bree Branker, NYC Trainer & Fitness Model
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
Ali on the Run Show Episode 58: Theodora Blanchfield of Preppy Runner
“It was this weird moment of knowing I was on the precipice of my entire life being about to change. And that was terrifying. The moment I had been the most scared of my entire life was about to come, but somehow I would be OK.”
Theodora Blanchfield is the creator of the blog Preppy Runner — formerly Losing Weight in the City — and is a social media maven, digital content strategist, writer, and marathoner living in New York City. On this episode, she talks going from overweight and unhappy to losing 50 pounds to eventually running seven marathons and more than 30 half marathons. Plus, she opens up about the past year, which involved losing her mother to ovarian cancer and exploring the grief process that followed.
Here’s what you’ll get in this episode:
- How Theodora got into blogging & her career story (3:00)
- How Theodora kicked off her fitness and weight-loss journey — including the game-changing bet she made with her mom (5:30)
- Exactly what helped Theodora lose 50 pounds (14:40)
- When and how Theodora’s blog, Losing Weight in the City, became popular (16:00)
- How Theodora got her start in digital media — and what that actually means (18:00)
- What happened when Theodora landed her dream job (20:45)
- How Theodora started running — and eventually running marathons (21:00)
- Why Theodora left her dream job, and what she’s up to now (24:45)
- Theodora’s story about her mom passing away from ovarian cancer last year (27:20)
- The grief process (50:15)
- The role running and therapy played during the grief process (54:30)
What We Mention on this Episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!