Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- New post: On one month with our little Annie-mal! https://t.co/hytcmocr2G about 22 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 05:18:49 PM November 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: Reflections on one month of parenting! https://t.co/hytcmocr2G 02:47:28 PM November 19, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Adventures in Annie wearing! First family-of-four trip to our favorite South Mountain Reservation! Annie did great… https://t.co/Jal4KL9X6a 03:14:48 PM November 18, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- November 19, 2018 by AliLife With a Newborn: One Month!
- November 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 106: I Had a Baby!
- November 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 105: Emily Abbate, Fitness Writer & Host of the Hurdle Podcast
- October 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 104: Stephanie Bruce
- October 30, 2018 by AliPregnancy + Baby Q&A
Ali on the Run Show Episode 57: Date Night with Ali & Brian, Talking Dreams, Goals, Fear, & Failure
“I went on this amazing trip, and I thought everything would change. But your problems don’t just go away because you run away. They will follow you anywhere until you fix them.”
This episode got a little heavy. Last Friday night, over a bottle of Pinot Grigio, Brian and I sat down to catch up, since it’s been just about a month since my life-changing “CAli on the Run” trip. What started out as a conversation about learning to be more present turned into the most honest, most scared, and most raw I’ve ever been on this show or to anyone but Brian (in private!). This episode is on the heavier side for me (and please ignore my stuffy nose — I’ve had a cold for a week straight!), and I debated even releasing it. But why not do something that feels a little scary? And scary, right now, is sharing all this brutal honesty with the world. So here we go! (Plus, listener Q&A!)
Here’s what you’ll get in this episode:
- “The Story of Last Monday” & lessons on being present (3:00)
- All about the amazing gift I gave Brian for his birthday — and why he returned it (10:00)
- What it really means to be Ali on the Run lately (11:40)
- “I don’t know what I wanna be when I grow up” (16:10)
- Ali starts to cry (21:13)
- “What are you curious about?” (25:30)
- On success, and what it meant growing up vs. what it means now (30:40)
- Ali cries again (31:10)
- Fear and failure (32:15)
- The single biggest challenge in our marriage right now (39:00)
- On inspiration (45:40)
- Brian reflects on his dad’s legacy (52:00)
- Listener Q&A (56:50)
What We Mention on this Episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!