Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Always love getting to write about the @DANCEonFOX winners for @Dance_SpiritMag! https://t.co/syahe1YcDB about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Such a fun bonus episode out today! I loved talking with this speedy mom-and-daughter duo — they both had huge race… https://t.co/BHil0OromK about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 193: Jenny & Judi Donnelly BONUS EPISODE!
- December 4, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 192: Adrianne Haslet, Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor
- November 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 191: The Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 20, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 190: Sarah True, Olympian & Ironman Triathlete
- November 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 189: Running Industry Hot Takes with Phoebe Wright
Ali on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Susan Pass
“You should talk more and smile. It’s my favorite.”
Susan Pass — best known on the internet as “Susan Runs” and as the blogger behind “Nurse on the Run” — is a 15-time marathoner who holds a 3:18 personal best time. Susan is currently in school to become a nurse anesthetist — a career path she decided on after majoring in dietetics and going on to nursing school, then working in a burn unit in New York City for 7.5 years.
Here’s what you’ll get in this episode:
- How Susan started running (4:05)
- Susan’s history with injuries, surgeries, and a labral tear (6:11)
- What the first run back after double hip surgery felt like (10:28)
- Susan’s first marathon experience (11:55)
- Susan’s current running goals (14:05)
- How Susan became a nurse — and what she thought she wanted to do before deciding on nursing (14:30)
- How Susan decided on a nursing specialty (16:00)
- What it’s like working in a burn unit (22:25)
- What it’s like working the night shift at a hospital (25:15)
- Why Susan decided to go back to school and what her current 27-month program is like (28:10)
- How Susan balances a demanding job and schooling with running (33:50)
- Susan’s craziest nursing story (38:00)
- What it takes to be a good patient (41:45)
- Susan’s take on being an introvert (46:00)
What We Mention on this Episode:
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!