Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New post: My Bermuda Triangle Challenge recap. This was SO FUN! Saying yes is the best. https://t.co/nGN0SvKefG about 19 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- TK Steps! https://t.co/mmi1tjTn1p 06:48:25 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So if I have a really bad (like, giant, painful) blister on my foot...and now I am pretty sure I have a fever...is… https://t.co/5ljnjivxs2 01:52:57 PM January 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- January 17, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 56: Susan Pass, Nurse & 3:18 Marathoner
- January 17, 2018 by AliBermuda Triangle Challenge 2018 Recap
- January 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 55: Nick Symmonds
- January 4, 2018 by AliLife in 2018
- January 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 54: Olympic Gold Medalist Gwen Jorgensen
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 53: Kate Grace
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kate Grace
It’s been a big few years for professional runner and Olympian Kate Grace. In 2016, the Yale graduate won the Olympic Trials in the 800-meter event in Eugene, OR, and went on to represent Team USA in Rio, where she finished eighth. She chased that with a personal best in the 800 meters in Zurich, running a 1:59.47. A few months later, Kate’s contract with Oiselle, her sponsor of four years and her first major professional sponsor, was up, and she announced her decision to join Nike, the industry behemoth despised by many at Oiselle. Then, this past fall, Kate officially joined Portland, OR-based Bowerman Track Club, where she now trains alongside some of professional running’s greatest, fastest women, including Shalane Flanagan, Amy Cragg, and Emily Infeld, and is coached by Jerry Schumacher.
On this episode, Kate lets us all inside the head of a hardworking athlete and Olympian. She shares what it’s like training with some of the fastest women in the world, and talks about the “not glamorous” parts of racing. She explains her recent sponsorship decisions, breaks down how to master the 800m, and talks about why the 800-meter race at the Trials was “a shitshow.” Plus, Kate shares what it’s like competing at the Oympics — and what the athlete’s village is really like — and talks about how to deal with injuries, her fitness-world-famous mom, the comeback she’s hoping for this February, and what’s next.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!