Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- THREE DAYS LEFT to complete your @nyrr Virtual Valentine's Duo 5K! (I'm doing mine tomorrow with Ellie! She doesn't… https://t.co/eI7OsvwJQ8 about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Pow… https://t.co/D02ghYtnM8 01:33:54 PM February 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
- February 7, 2019 by AliOn Exercise & Body Stuff After Baby
- February 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 118: A Message From Ali
Ali on the Run Show Episode 53: Kate Grace
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kate Grace
It’s been a big few years for professional runner and Olympian Kate Grace. In 2016, the Yale graduate won the Olympic Trials in the 800-meter event in Eugene, OR, and went on to represent Team USA in Rio, where she finished eighth. She chased that with a personal best in the 800 meters in Zurich, running a 1:59.47. A few months later, Kate’s contract with Oiselle, her sponsor of four years and her first major professional sponsor, was up, and she announced her decision to join Nike, the industry behemoth despised by many at Oiselle. Then, this past fall, Kate officially joined Portland, OR-based Bowerman Track Club, where she now trains alongside some of professional running’s greatest, fastest women, including Shalane Flanagan, Amy Cragg, and Emily Infeld, and is coached by Jerry Schumacher.
On this episode, Kate lets us all inside the head of a hardworking athlete and Olympian. She shares what it’s like training with some of the fastest women in the world, and talks about the “not glamorous” parts of racing. She explains her recent sponsorship decisions, breaks down how to master the 800m, and talks about why the 800-meter race at the Trials was “a shitshow.” Plus, Kate shares what it’s like competing at the Oympics — and what the athlete’s village is really like — and talks about how to deal with injuries, her fitness-world-famous mom, the comeback she’s hoping for this February, and what’s next.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!