Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- I’ve always been in such awe of parents who finish their races and go right back to momming and dadding. It seemed… https://t.co/wIS9mufpqJ about 8 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oh gosh, if your job is to be the PR agency representing Skechers, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO SPELL SKECHERS! THERE IS… https://t.co/7LUVkG0Swd about 14 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 128: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Nicole Detling, Sports Psychologist
- March 11, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 127: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Rachel Nazarian, Dermatologist
- March 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 126: Ali & the Experts Week with Shannon McLay, Founder of The Financial Gym
- March 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 125: Ali & the Experts Week with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Sex & Relationships Educator
- March 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 124: Ali & the Experts Week with Brynn Fessette O'Neill, Physical Therapist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 50: Janae Baron
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Janae Baron
This week, I am thrilled to welcome to the Ali on the Run Show my dear friend — and everyone’s favorite running blogger — Janae Baron! Before we get to that, please join me in congratulating Janae and her family on the arrival of their newest member, Skye Jo, born December 9!
Janae is the beloved personality behind the popular Hungry Runner Girl blog. Janae is a super speedy runner who lives in Utah with her husband, Andrew, their kids (Brooke, Knox, and now Skye!), and their dog, Beretta. Janae was nearly 37 weeks pregnant when we recorded this episode and, as always, was just as sweet, positive, and bubbly as she is on the internet — plus, she was willing to get super honest about everything.
Throughout this episode, Janae and I chat about her struggles with amenorrhea, dating after divorce, running before, during, and after her pregnancies, how negative comments really make her feel, and both the beautiful and challenging parts of raising a blended family. She opens up about how she actually makes a living as a blogger, talks about her game-changing blog post that got 600 comments, debunks some common Mormon myths, and shares more about her past with disordered eating, and whether she now considers herself fully recovered. (I smiled throughout this entire conversation, but then Janae made me weepy when she talked about how she found her place in Knox’s life. So prepare to experience every emotion throughout this episode!)
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!