Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Excited to share today's bonus episode with @CarrieTollefson, who just ran a 2:51 marathon at the Twin Cities Marat… https://t.co/aR94n5RILl about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Exactly one year ago, I woke up at 5 AM for a 6:15 otfedgewater class. I was home by 7:30, showered, and then edite… https://t.co/YPqgJL073S about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I don’t know if I’ve ever been happier than I was yesterday, at Annie’s first birthday party, surrounded by loved o… https://t.co/rXn64B4cE2 03:55:56 PM October 13, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 181: Carrie Tollefson BONUS EPISODE!
- October 9, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 180: Roberta Groner, 2:29 Marathoner, Nurse, & Mom of Three
- October 8, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 179: Janae Baron BONUS EPISODE!
- October 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 178: Ladia Albertson-Junkans, Ultra Runner & Best Friend to Gabe Grunewald
- September 30, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 177: You Can Run a Marathon Q&A with Greg McMillan & Dr. Cathy Yeckel
Ali on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Abby Bales
Abby Bales is the founder of Reform Physical Therapy, which is all about keeping pregnant and postpartum women healthy, active, and injury-free during and after pregnancy. On this episode, Abby explains what exactly that means, why it’s so important — and often overlooked — and what women need to understand about returning to exercise after pregnancy. (Because spoiler, it’s a lot more in depth than just waiting six weeks after birth and then jumping back in.)
As someone who isn’t pregnant, has never been pregnant, and has no children, I had loads of questions for Abby, and she was game to answer all of them. She even walked me through the proper way to do kegel exercises! But this episode isn’t just about pelvic floors. Abby and I also talk about her history with Ulcerative Colitis (we’re IBD sisters!), her relationship with running before, during, and after her own pregnancies, and what it’s like being an entrepreneur and mom of two.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Abby & Reform Physical Therapy:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!