Listen to the Ali on the Run Show on iTunes!
- Sending love to NYC. <3 09:40:17 AM December 11, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Running this weekend? Take @Abby_NYC & me with you! You'll learn! You'll laugh! You'll get stronger & faster! https://t.co/QMPaYNzT18 07:43:24 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Also Karla Johnson, Karen Hildebrand, & Kate Lydon — the three women who believed a 25-year-old could become an edi… https://t.co/B62UZNv5qj 05:12:52 PM December 08, 2017 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 6, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
- December 4, 2017 by AliMaking It Count
- November 29, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 48: Sally Bergesen, CEO & Founder of Oiselle
- November 22, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 47: Brian Cristiano's Great Turkey Trot of 2014
- November 16, 2017 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 49: Abby Bales, Founder of Reform Physical Therapy
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Abby Bales
Abby Bales is the founder of Reform Physical Therapy, which is all about keeping pregnant and postpartum women healthy, active, and injury-free during and after pregnancy. On this episode, Abby explains what exactly that means, why it’s so important — and often overlooked — and what women need to understand about returning to exercise after pregnancy. (Because spoiler, it’s a lot more in depth than just waiting six weeks after birth and then jumping back in.)
As someone who isn’t pregnant, has never been pregnant, and has no children, I had loads of questions for Abby, and she was game to answer all of them. She even walked me through the proper way to do kegel exercises! But this episode isn’t just about pelvic floors. Abby and I also talk about her history with Ulcerative Colitis (we’re IBD sisters!), her relationship with running before, during, and after her own pregnancies, and what it’s like being an entrepreneur and mom of two.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Abby & Reform Physical Therapy:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!