Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Shout-out to this week's sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show: @AfterShokz! Use code ONTHERUN for $30 off your purcha… https://t.co/NGWzyu4kNq about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Things happen. I make mistakes. And now I have perspective on it.” @shopSMDS https://t.co/69VqYujznY about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- May 23, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 74: Sarah Clancy, Founder of Sarah Marie Design Studio
- May 22, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 17
- May 21, 2018 by AliSuperhero Half Marathon 2018 Recap
- May 16, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 73: Erin Strout, Runner's World Contributing Editor
- May 14, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 15 & 16
Ali on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Allie Kieffer
Shalane Flanagan may have won this year’s TCS New York City Marathon, but the next American to cross the line was Allie Kieffer, who finished in 2:29. Not only did Allie nab a 26-minute personal best time that day, she was also the fifth place overall finisher. Not bad for a self-coached, unsponsored runner from Buffalo, NY!
On this episode, Allie talks about every aspect of her groundbreaking race, from the injury that almost kept her from lining up at the start — but that ultimately led to the strong race she had — to her mental state before, during, and immediately after the race. She explains how what was once her greatest fear — running the race alone — ended up being the greatest gift, and breaks down how she managed to negative split a tough course, passing a handful of runners in that final 10K. Allie talks about how — and why! — she set the world record for the fastest indoor marathon last year (that’s 211 loops around a 200-meter indoor track, by the way), and opens up about the tremendous and tragic losses she and her family have faced over the years, including the death of her sister. Then, Allie talks about her struggles with body image, and offers up her advice for women going through similar experiences, as well as what she wishes all female runners understood. And then, of course, she talks about the question everyone’s asking: What’s next for Allie Kieffer?
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!