Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- "I was firmly confident that I was an athlete & a badass & could physically do anything I wanted to do — & could do… https://t.co/cwDBq0wBtL about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "I got mentally stronger when I was able to confront why I was wimping out on certain things." Have you listened to… https://t.co/CkaOrr220v 07:52:55 AM February 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 14, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 60: Emma Coburn
- February 12, 2018 by AliThings I Think About A Lot
- February 11, 2018 by AliYear 1 on the Run
- February 7, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 59: Emily Saul, Co-Leader of November Project Boston
- January 31, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 58: Theodora Blanchfield of Preppy Runner
- October 26, 2012 by AliPlease Let Me Make Your Day (That Means A Giveaway!)
- June 15, 2012 by AliMonday. 9 AM. Get Sweaty. (And For Now: A Giveaway!)
- August 10, 2012 by AliTake My Sweat (It's A Giveaway & It's Not Gross)
- May 25, 2012 by AliDo You Want Free Sneakers? (Translation: A Giveaway!)
- July 9, 2013 by AliEmbrace The Sweat (An "I Heart Sweat" Shirt Giveaway!)
Ali on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Allie Kieffer
Shalane Flanagan may have won this year’s TCS New York City Marathon, but the next American to cross the line was Allie Kieffer, who finished in 2:29. Not only did Allie nab a 26-minute personal best time that day, she was also the fifth place overall finisher. Not bad for a self-coached, unsponsored runner from Buffalo, NY!
On this episode, Allie talks about every aspect of her groundbreaking race, from the injury that almost kept her from lining up at the start — but that ultimately led to the strong race she had — to her mental state before, during, and immediately after the race. She explains how what was once her greatest fear — running the race alone — ended up being the greatest gift, and breaks down how she managed to negative split a tough course, passing a handful of runners in that final 10K. Allie talks about how — and why! — she set the world record for the fastest indoor marathon last year (that’s 211 loops around a 200-meter indoor track, by the way), and opens up about the tremendous and tragic losses she and her family have faced over the years, including the death of her sister. Then, Allie talks about her struggles with body image, and offers up her advice for women going through similar experiences, as well as what she wishes all female runners understood. And then, of course, she talks about the question everyone’s asking: What’s next for Allie Kieffer?
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!