Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- My favorite part of Monday morning is reading the super smart, wildly comprehensive @fast_women newsletter. Subscri… https://t.co/aq4gmw8i4b about 5 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So cool to walk into lululemon gsplaza and see this (pink!) Ali on the Run display! Still processing Thursday’s gam… https://t.co/Zh6mhQXek2 06:45:36 PM July 20, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- July 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 158: Beatie Deutsch, National Marathon Champion of Israel
- July 17, 2019 by Ali9 Months of Annie
- July 14, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 157: Motherhood Mondays with Julia Berteletti and Laura Green
- July 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 156: Sarah MacKay Robinson, Elite Runner
- July 7, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 155: Motherhood Mondays with Dr. Molly Millwood, Clinical Psychologist
Ali on the Run Show Episode 46: Allie Kieffer
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Allie Kieffer
Shalane Flanagan may have won this year’s TCS New York City Marathon, but the next American to cross the line was Allie Kieffer, who finished in 2:29. Not only did Allie nab a 26-minute personal best time that day, she was also the fifth place overall finisher. Not bad for a self-coached, unsponsored runner from Buffalo, NY!
On this episode, Allie talks about every aspect of her groundbreaking race, from the injury that almost kept her from lining up at the start — but that ultimately led to the strong race she had — to her mental state before, during, and immediately after the race. She explains how what was once her greatest fear — running the race alone — ended up being the greatest gift, and breaks down how she managed to negative split a tough course, passing a handful of runners in that final 10K. Allie talks about how — and why! — she set the world record for the fastest indoor marathon last year (that’s 211 loops around a 200-meter indoor track, by the way), and opens up about the tremendous and tragic losses she and her family have faced over the years, including the death of her sister. Then, Allie talks about her struggles with body image, and offers up her advice for women going through similar experiences, as well as what she wishes all female runners understood. And then, of course, she talks about the question everyone’s asking: What’s next for Allie Kieffer?
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!