Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love having @AfterShokz as a sponsor of the Ali on the Run Show. If you haven't picked up a pair for yourself, hop… https://t.co/utknwcQPok 04:52:43 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "You’re not brave unless you try. You’re not brave unless you show up. You’ve gotta get there, and when you get the… https://t.co/RYt4UQtfie 01:58:38 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 43: Kara Goucher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kara Goucher
Kara Goucher is a professional distance runner with loads of podiums, medals, and titles under her Oiselle-sponsored belt. She lives in Boulder, CO, with her husband, Adam, and their 7-year-old son, Colt (plus their cat, Ellie, and their rescue pup, Freya), and we chatted as she was fresh off her annual Podium Retreat, which sold out in just 36 hours! On this episode, Kara talks about why the Podium Retreat is her proudest accomplishment, and opens up about the most defining—and most discouraging—moments of her running career. She talks about her decision to leave a 12-year Nike contract and sign with Oiselle, and very openly discusses what made her decide to become an outspoken advocate for clean sport. She shares how she feels about being called an “anti-doping whistle blower” and what it was like getting backlash and hate mail after coming forward with her allegations about her former team and coach. Plus, Kara talks about coming in fourth place at last year’s Olympic Trials, how she finally forgave herself for not making the Olympic team, and what she regrets about running after pregnancy.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!