Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- Honored to have @runnerKG back on the Ali on the Run Show today, sharing her Olympic Trials story. Give it a listen… https://t.co/aa0PvIc7Le 09:06:18 AM March 26, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Hey everyone, go wish @erinstrout a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Erin, you are an amazing human, exceptional dog mom, and… https://t.co/DqffBVO947 11:11:03 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Very excited to launch the ON THE JOB series on the Ali on the Run Show today, starting with Rachel Dewan, archaeol… https://t.co/1DJQfShriK 07:28:23 AM March 24, 2020 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- March 25, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 222: Kaitlin Goodman Recaps the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 23, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 221: On the Job with Rachel Dewan, Archaeologist
- March 22, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 220: Andrea Toppin Recaps Her Race at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials
- March 19, 2020 by AliIn Times Like These...
- March 18, 2020 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 219: Jacqueline Alnes, Creator of Running-Inspired Tiny Art
Ali on the Run Show Episode 43: Kara Goucher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kara Goucher
Kara Goucher is a professional distance runner with loads of podiums, medals, and titles under her Oiselle-sponsored belt. She lives in Boulder, CO, with her husband, Adam, and their 7-year-old son, Colt (plus their cat, Ellie, and their rescue pup, Freya), and we chatted as she was fresh off her annual Podium Retreat, which sold out in just 36 hours! On this episode, Kara talks about why the Podium Retreat is her proudest accomplishment, and opens up about the most defining—and most discouraging—moments of her running career. She talks about her decision to leave a 12-year Nike contract and sign with Oiselle, and very openly discusses what made her decide to become an outspoken advocate for clean sport. She shares how she feels about being called an “anti-doping whistle blower” and what it was like getting backlash and hate mail after coming forward with her allegations about her former team and coach. Plus, Kara talks about coming in fourth place at last year’s Olympic Trials, how she finally forgave herself for not making the Olympic team, and what she regrets about running after pregnancy.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!