Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- One more story to write for work. A pedicure. Two thank-you notes to write and send. And a ton of laundry to put aw… https://t.co/xUqmpckw8S 06:01:08 PM October 15, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The feedback for this episode has been AMAZING! People love @iamjeanniek & @TheEllenShow! (I mean...obviously.) https://t.co/mdo522vofk 04:51:11 PM October 12, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 11, 2018 by AliWhat Surprised Me About Pregnancy
- October 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 101: Jeannie Klisiewicz of The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- October 9, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 37
- October 8, 2018 by AliWishes For Baby
- October 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 100: Des Linden, 2018 Boston Marathon Champion
Ali on the Run Show Episode 43: Kara Goucher
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Kara Goucher
Kara Goucher is a professional distance runner with loads of podiums, medals, and titles under her Oiselle-sponsored belt. She lives in Boulder, CO, with her husband, Adam, and their 7-year-old son, Colt (plus their cat, Ellie, and their rescue pup, Freya), and we chatted as she was fresh off her annual Podium Retreat, which sold out in just 36 hours! On this episode, Kara talks about why the Podium Retreat is her proudest accomplishment, and opens up about the most defining—and most discouraging—moments of her running career. She talks about her decision to leave a 12-year Nike contract and sign with Oiselle, and very openly discusses what made her decide to become an outspoken advocate for clean sport. She shares how she feels about being called an “anti-doping whistle blower” and what it was like getting backlash and hate mail after coming forward with her allegations about her former team and coach. Plus, Kara talks about coming in fourth place at last year’s Olympic Trials, how she finally forgave herself for not making the Olympic team, and what she regrets about running after pregnancy.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!