Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- “I never wanted to be famous. I just wanted to help women.” @kayla_itsines https://t.co/ozUz9yXINv about 2 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Love this woman! Had the best time recording this week's episode of the Ali on the Run Show with @kayla_itsines! L… https://t.co/psSCndNDxG about 3 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- After we recorded this week’s episode of the… https://t.co/PNZfyuwNKT about 6 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “I’ve been doing this for three years now and I’m still not used to it. I still get nervous. I worry, am I saying t… https://t.co/8s7xhgnfrQ about 7 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- June 20, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 79: Kayla Itsines
- June 19, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 21
- June 13, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 78: Wesley Little, Couples Therapist
- June 12, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Weeks 19 & 20
- June 10, 2018 by AliNYRR New York Mini 10K 2018 Recap
Ali on the Run Show Episode 42: Professional Runner Neely Spence Gracey
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Neely Spence Gracey
I am thrilled to welcome Adidas-sponsored professional marathoner Neely Spence Gracey to the Ali on the Run Show! Neely lives in Boulder, CO, with her husband and their Vizsla, Strider. Neely was born to be a runner—literally. She was born on Marathon Monday while her dad was running the Boston Marathon. (He ran a 2:16:40 and finished in 19th place, and went on to make the 1992 Olympic team and become a world championship medalist.) On this episode, Neely talks about what it was like growing up in a running family—including the time she joined her grandma for a Turkey Trot and out-kicked her when the finish line came into view! She also shares what it was like being home-schooled for most of her life, and opens up about how running went from something she did because her parents did it to something she really discovered for herself.
Neely made her marathon debut at the 2016 Boston Marathon, where she ran a 2:35:00 and finished ninth (and was the first female American finisher), and followed it up with a 2:34:55 finish at the 2016 New York City Marathon, where she finished eighth. (If you’re gearing up to run the NYC Marathon in a few weeks, get ready to take notes: Neely offers her best tips for tackling the tough course!) Neely also opens up about how both she and her husband have Lyme Disease, and she talks about the challenges they’ve both faced with the unpredictable disease. She shares how she deals with injuries as a professional runner and how she stays mentally strong at every point in her training, and dishes out her best advice for the everyday runner.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!