Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- June 12, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 149: The Women Reporting on Women's Running
- June 10, 2019 by Ali#BraveLikeGabe
- June 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 148: April Cargill on Becoming a Marathoner at 50
- June 5, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 147: Jess Movold, Running & Strength Coach
- June 2, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 146: Motherhood Mondays with Kate Parker, Author of Strong is the New Pretty
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!