Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- One more story to write for work. A pedicure. Two thank-you notes to write and send. And a ton of laundry to put aw… https://t.co/xUqmpckw8S 06:01:08 PM October 15, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The feedback for this episode has been AMAZING! People love @iamjeanniek & @TheEllenShow! (I mean...obviously.) https://t.co/mdo522vofk 04:51:11 PM October 12, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- October 11, 2018 by AliWhat Surprised Me About Pregnancy
- October 10, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 101: Jeannie Klisiewicz of The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- October 9, 2018 by AliBaby on the Run: Week 37
- October 8, 2018 by AliWishes For Baby
- October 3, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 100: Des Linden, 2018 Boston Marathon Champion
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!