Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- April 17, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 133: Melisse Gelula, Co-Founder of Well+Good
- April 10, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 132: Kate Landau, 2:33 Marathoner
- April 3, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 131: The Fifth Trimester
- April 2, 2019 by AliAnnie & Ellie
- March 27, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 130: Sadie Lincoln, Founder of Barre3
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!