Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- THREE DAYS LEFT to complete your @nyrr Virtual Valentine's Duo 5K! (I'm doing mine tomorrow with Ellie! She doesn't… https://t.co/eI7OsvwJQ8 about 16 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- “Running made me better for our relationship outside of running. It gave me something to give to myself.” —Matt Pow… https://t.co/D02ghYtnM8 01:33:54 PM February 14, 2019 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- February 13, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 119: Love on the Run LIVE at New York Road Runners
- February 12, 2019 by AliI Love Love
- February 11, 2019 by Ali2 Years of the Ali on the Run Show
- February 7, 2019 by AliOn Exercise & Body Stuff After Baby
- February 6, 2019 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 118: A Message From Ali
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!