Listen to the Ali on the Run Show!
- The last few days have been ROUGH. Physically, I’ll spare you the details of my latest clogged duct, but it took ne… https://t.co/u53m2CTJ0I about 12 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Annie! You’re two months old today! The past two months have been the ultimate whirlwind and blur. Annie is hilario… https://t.co/0MnIUHFXHe 10:58:19 AM December 16, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It’s been such a good week with Annie! I feel like my postnatal fog has truly lifted, and I’m just having so much f… https://t.co/5qyequolyQ 07:52:02 PM December 13, 2018 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- December 12, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 110: Olivia Young, Creator of Box + Flow
- December 5, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 109: Jes Woods, Nike Run Coach
- December 4, 2018 by AliNew Mom Challenges: What I Mean When I Say It's Hard
- November 28, 2018 by AliAli on the Run Show Episode 108: 11 Ways I Improved My Confidence
- November 27, 2018 by AliMy Newborn Must-Haves
Ali on the Run Show Episode 40: Dr. Leah Lagos, Clinical Sport & Performance Psychologist
The Ali on the Run Show
Guest: Dr. Leah Lagos
Dr. Leah Lagos is a clinical sport and performance psychologist in New York City. On this episode, we talk about mind and body training, the evolution of sports psychology, and performance anxiety. Dr. Lagos explains why she thinks I’m “physiologically gifted” — and why that’s a good thing — and shares what Meb Keflezighi told her he was thinking during his historic 2014 Boston Marathon win. She also talks about how to mentally prepare yourself for a goal race, and how to bounce back if it doesn’t go the way you had hoped. (Spoiler: She doesn’t want you to dismiss your feelings of disappointment!) Plus, Dr. Lagos talks about exercise addiction and the role social media plays when it comes to athletes and mental health.
Stuff We Mention on this Episode:
Follow Dr. Lagos:
Thank you for listening to and supporting the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on iTunes. Spread the run love!